All reviewsbeer gardenthe pubplay area for childrensunday lunchprivate car parksea viewevening mealdylan thomasspecials boardbank holidaytop floorlasagnafull welshoutside areafew drinksgood sizelovely view
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We needed a place to stay for one night and booked this as a result of the other comments on here. Although the room was small, it was very tastefully decorated and spotless, as was the bathroom with the automatic light. was worried it might be noisy as we were at the front, we didn't hear any noise until the morning, doors banging from those going for an early breakfast. Food was lovely and the staff were brilliant, would definitely stay here again, but would only pay extra for the sea view if we were staying longer. the walk into town was no effort...what a place to have a hotel, what a lovely place New Quay is.

Room Tip: Our room was right behind reception (bottom left as you look at the front of the hotel) perfect for a short stay, but I'm not going to pay £30 extra for a sea view for one night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed here with my friend when we were visiting New Quay to reminisce our teenage years. The room was spotless, we'll decorated with ample space and wardrobes, drawers etc..... Lamps, even a clock so you could see what time it was in the middle of the night!! Plenty of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and mugs, which are so much more practical than cups!!! Hair dryer in the room and hand was and shower gel supplied. Definitely value for money. Breakfast consisted of cereal, fruit, croissants and a full welsh, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, hash brown, egg and beans. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view, cost more but worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Fantastic from start to finish. Truly excellent.
Warm welcome from a welsh speaking barman who was prompt with the drinks and menus. He pointed out the specials, recommended a few and left us to browe.
We had a fantastic table in a little side room with a view straight out over the bay. When we ordered we mentioned that we were in a hurry and the barman assured us food would arrive asap- which it did. He was also very helpful with splitting the bill- it was no trouble to him at all (lots of places I've been won't do a transaction with cash and card) and let us pay when ordering so we could leave as soon as we'd eaten.
Condiments and cutlery arrived quickly, closely followed by the food- 3 baguettes, a burger and a lasagne and a few sides.
Food and drinks were good quality- all the soft drinks had lemon and lime (if you wanted them), and the food was excuisite. Local meat and very very good baguettes (homemade probably- I didn't ask). Portions were a great size- especially the burger which was at least as thick as the fresh, crusty roll around it. The fillings in the baguettes were plentyfull and they came with a nice side salad- very fresh and colourful. The chips were homemade and very tasty. I cannot praise the food enough, especially when the prices were so reasonable- £4,95 for the baguettes and £8.00 for a burger with plenty of extras. It really was cheap for what you got- but then, I would happily have paid double for the quality and quantity!
Service throught was exceptional- food arrived all together, they checked if we needed anything else and then popped back to make sure everything was ok shortly after.

This place knocks spots off anywhere else I've eaten in Ceredigion. Truly wonderful.
It was also a really nice place to sit- very clean and spacious but still cosy. There was a TV if you wanted to watch but I loved the option to sit away from it and not be disturbed too.
There was a good choice of sofas or a table and chairs and they all seemed to have a good view and plenty of space/ privacy without being isolated.
The toilets too (always a good reflection of a place I find) were spotless and very well stocked- even a good quality hand cream.
I really hope this place carries on exactly as it is becasue it's perfect.
Diolch yn fawr iawn- Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank M J
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed on spec. One night room (1)
It was a bit noisy but as it was bank holiday I was not supprised. Loved the room . The building. view and food. You get what you pay for. The position is good for walks and the town. And the onsite parking is generous.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Quality furniture, very comfortable bed and a real 'wow' ensuite - all spotlessly clean with friendly helpful staff. Ample parking for guests and within a few minutes walk of all New Quay has to offer. Hope to return and would definitely recommend.
Anne M