“Expensive, but great food and good service”

Restaurant L'Impressionniste
Price range: US$27 - US$32
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Excellent location for exquisite French cuisine in the area. Almost surprising to find such a fancy restaurant in the area. Extensive selection of dishes and wine, albeit somehow expensive. You can opt for a two- or four-course menu, or even a 6-course tasting menu. Everything we had was delicious and service was very good. There has been comments from other TA users regarding additional fees that get charged for certain dishes or options. Read the menu carefully, as some dishes may add some extra to your fixed-cost meal, but I think this is fair. One top: the restaurant has a lot promotions once in a while with organizations such as Tuango to offer better deals. You may want to watch out for these to shave a few dollars off your check. We loved it and will probably want to go back.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Nice restaurant with a good terrace in front and a cozy but chic ambience in the dining rooms. A good menu and wine list. A bit pricey considering the veal kidneys arrived quite well done even if i have carrefully asked them to be pink.

Attentive staff.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the food, presentation and flavour, good. The service was nice when entered but it stopped there! I had to grab the attention to order, I had to pour my own wine, was never asked how our meal was or if the meat was cooked to my liking. We waited 20 minutes for our bill. Very disappointed with lack of attention. First visit and we will not go back! The waitress did not even ask what bothered us when we expressed the service was not great.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

One of the best French restaurant nearby with Montreal.You will enjoy of many incredible dishes over there from appetizer to deserts.Big choice of wine and cocktails. I highly recommend to everyone visit this unforgettable place.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

What can I say, I love to support local businesses and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised when I visited this restaurant for the first time. Like most people that live in the area, I tend to go downtown when opting for a higher end dining option. I don't normally take the time to think of whats available locally. Not sure why I feel this way, but this place has changed my mind. The food was great, the menu options were plentiful, with a great variety that is sure to please everyone. Portions were on point, food was well presented, in a timely manner and the wine selection was more than adequate. Like most higher end restaurants prices tend to follow, but in my opinion this one was well worth the money. So if you are looking for a special place eat, this place sure beats going downtown, being stuck in traffic for hours and fighting for parking. My only suggestions, perhaps a little update on the decor and with the selection of wine they offer they need to expand their wine glass options.

cathans_11, Gérant at Restaurant L'Impressionniste, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear dionnephilippe
Thank you for this lovely review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your dinner with us. Hoping to see you again, we are wishing you a great day
L'Impressionniste team