“Surprising Find”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was staying at the Imperia Hotel (see my other review for those details), and I didn't want to go too far, so I went downstairs for dinner and was surprisingly pleased at what I found.

The restaurant had a fixed price menu that came with a glass of wine for $32 (or so). I had a great vegetable soup, braised beef cheek, and a chocolate mousse dessert. For the price you paid you are getting your moneys worth here.

One disappointing thing was that they didn't have any draft beer - only bottles. It was a bit surprising, but I moved on and had a very good house wine. If you are staying here, I would suggest having a meal here.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a modern yet comfortable restaurant and bar. The staff is friendly and the food delicious. I especially like their interesting take on Poutine in their Poutine Royale. I'm looking forward to returning soon on my next business trip.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had a dinner meeting and my guest picked me up as I was staying in the hotel. We ended up back at the hotel and decided to try the restaurant. We came during cinq à sept, but avoided the bar area to get some privacy for the meeting.

I was surprised at the menu and the selection available. Very decent for a hotel that is not in the city. I was disappointed with the service as it was a bit slow and the restaurant wasn't necessarily full or busy. We tried to order another round of drinks before 7 pm but couldn't get service and they were unable to squeeze in the order due to the time noted on the computer.

The quality of the food is good and it is presented well. The portions were bigger than anticipated and definitely stuffed after. I ordered the 'braised beef' not really knowing what to expect. I got beef back ribs that were fall off the bone and very tender. One of my favourite things and never had it braised. I would come back to re-order and/or try other menu items.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Never had a bad meal and truly enjoyed the patio in the summer. They offer specialty coffees and they make great martinis. A good place to have a staff Xmas party. The service is great!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Went there with friends and we have experienced a great lunch at real good price.
We are a group of 3 retired from same employer and we were meeting every month in different places but since we discovered the Martini Grill we go there all the time.
The lunch table d'hote et full off great food and the presentation is WOWWWWW and we were surprised with the price which is so reasonable.