Open today: 08:45 - 17:15

Amazing

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Samantha V
via mobile

All reviews zip wire assault course high ropes great fun climbing wall body boarding catering team loved every minute all ages archery accommodation instructor surfing activities kayak boys session
Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

Skern lodge is amazing center and amazing staff and amazing manger team as well . I was made welcome at the center.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank CHARLOTTE A
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My husband wrote a review but I felt so strongly about how brilliant our day was I wanted to write a review too. I’m not a fan of heights and I’m not the fittest of people but I know my children love this kind of thing and with them only being 6 & 9 as a parent I have to lead by example. Andy our instructor from the start was quick to pick up on this and supported me and before I knew it I was climbing to the top of the wall and walking the log on the high ropes. Before the day had ended my youngest was already asking me when we would be back.
Thank you Andy and all the staff at skern for creating memories we will never forget.

Date of experience: August 2018
SkernLodge, Reception/Admin at Skern Lodge Outdoor Activity Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you Samantha. We really appreciate both you and your husbands reviews. It's nice to hear that parents enjoy the activities as much as their children. I have passed both of your messages on to Andy. He'll be pleased to hear the children want to come back.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were camping in Croyde bay and it wouldn’t stop raining, so the beach was a no go. We decided to call Skern Lodge and try some activities.
From the friendly and helpful booking in right through to the warm shower at the end we felt very welcomed. Andy our instructor was great fun all day and he really helped us through the tricky and challenging parts of the activities.
My 6 and 9 year old daughters were able to climb the huge climbing wall, zip-wire, high rope, assault course, kayak and even try archery. The wife and I had a good go at it all too. It didn’t matter about the weather being gloomy, we were all smiles.
The kids haven’t stopped talking about it and we hope to return next year.
Bravo Skern Lodge and thank you all.

1  Thank Jayveebeer

Rain in Devon?? Surely not! We're pleased you had such an enjoyable time with us and I have let Andy know this. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review - we really appreciate it. We love hearing from our day visitors as much as our residential visitors.
We hope to see you again next year...hopefully the weather will be slightly better for you.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Skern Lodge on Saturday with 11 others for a Hen do. Matthew our instructor was brilliant and guided us through archery, the high ropes and the assault course. Would definitely recommend and can't wait to come back. I have never laughed soo much in ages. Thank you for a great morning.

Hi Rachael
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review - we do appreciate hearing everyone's comments. I have passed on your message to Matthew and told him you will be coming back. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable time with us and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Took the Big six this week. Weather not great but it didn't matter. Quite gentle for all ages and fabulous in my opinion for those under 18 years. Covered activities included. High Wires, Zip wire and climbing wall. Assault course, pool kayak and archery. Excellent instructors and equipment £40 for a whole day - money well spent

Date of experience: August 2018
SkernLodge, Reception/Admin at Skern Lodge Outdoor Activity Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hi Jane
Thank you so much for the review - we're glad you all had a good time with us. It's always great to hear from our day visitors as well as our residential visitors.
Sorry about the weather - we will book sunshine for you next time!