1,235 results
All reviews vanity hotel royal terrace pool bar whirlpool bath privilege suite balinese beds relaxing holiday garden suite recharge the batteries lovely hotel massive selection pine trees at lunchtime all inclusive option aqua fit sun loungers lovely beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2017

When we first arrived I think we were a bit disappointed that there wasn't much going on in the surrounding area. Cala mesquida is really at the end of a road with not much else there, but in the end in some ways that's what we loved about it. We had some fabulous walks in the scenery around, guided by Marcel.
We had a complimentary upgrade to a premium suite which was lovely.
The hotel is fantastic and very helpful staff.
Marcel deserves a special mention, he made our stay. So friendly and a fantastic guide.
Food was good and we could normally find something we liked. Lunch was great and we discovered this too late.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kwakafb
Viva h, Director General at VIVA Suites & Spa Adults Only 16+, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Kwakafb,

We are extremely happy to know that your stay at Vanity Hotel Suite & SPA was pleasant. Cala Mesquida is certainly one of the most beautiful and privileged regions of Mallorca and discovering it through the walks and short trips with Marcel is highly recommended. We look forward to your next visit and thank you kindly for your very positive review (Marcel is very grateful too).

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Just returned home after a week long stay. Still lovely hotel. Fantastic staff. So helpful. Rooms clean. Great food. All as good as before. Only change was day time entertainment- more focused to keep fit rather than group boules etc. Glad we returned. We paid for taxi rather than wait for bus - much easier and quicker. All in all another relaxing week spent in lovely surroundings

Room tip: We had standard suite. Didn't need to pay to upgrade.
1  Thank alex w
Viva h, Director General at VIVA Suites & Spa Adults Only 16+, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear alex w,

We are very glad you enjoyed your week holidays at Vanity Hotel Suite & SPA again. Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your views with other Tripadvisor readers and especially for having chosen Cala Mesquida for your destination. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

First of all I'd like to say sorry to our cleaning lady we forgot to fill out our form but she kept our room spotless so thank you once again Carina. This hotel is brilliant for my wife and I, tranquil with the most helpful staff we have come across on our travels, we were in block 5 with a royal suit room 5207 on our recent visit, the room is spacious the roof terrace with jacuzzi / hot tub, double balinese bed, sun loungers and more was fantastic all day sunshine with a sea view. The food was delicious with something for all tastes, I put on 4 lbs in the week we stayed, that will have to go before September....At night there is entertainment at 2130hrs we especially enjoyed "Qimico, the Queen tribute band and on our last night, Taylormade, the Gala dinner on Thursday night in high season turned out be be a great night, thank you to the staff who worked hard to put it all together. There are daytime activities hosted by Francesca and Marcel plus a short walk to a lovely beach as you walk along the beach you may notice the far end can be nudist ! A bottle of Cava arrived in our room on my birthday, I'm not sure how they knew, maybe they check passports ? Anyway it was much appreciated, I would really recommend this hotel if like us you want a tranquil get away with friendly staff and guests.

Room tip: We have been in block 5 with a royal suit on all our visits room numbers start with 52 we found them excellent.
3  Thank JeffE1030
Viva h, General Manager at VIVA Suites & Spa Adults Only 16+, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Jeff E,
we are very glad your experience at Vanity Hotel Suite & SPA met your expectations. I personally passed on your comment to Corina and she was very happy to hear it. We also look forward to your next visit in September.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This hotel was just what we needed, good food caring staff and no children
It was a short walk from the beach which was well worth it with golden sands.
We did have a red flag two days but you were allowed to swim in a patrolled area.
I would not recommend rooms in block 5 which are near the back doors to the kitchens as the noise from the dust carts at 6.30am and 11 pm is awful especially when on holiday. We did pay to be up graded , which I don't think was a better room but was in a far batter position.
The evening entertainment was at the right level, stopping at 10.30. Thursday night was eating outside and meeting other guest which was very good. The staff worked so hard for the event.

Room tip: Not block 5 near kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Viva h, General Manager at VIVA Suites & Spa Adults Only 16+, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear teresa s,

We thank you kindly for having stayed at Vanity Hotel Suite & SPA and for having taken the time to share your experience with other readers. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Firstly the resort. It is quiet and tranquil and has only a few shops and bar/restaurants. There are a few other hotel/apartment complexes, but they do not impinge on the Vanity Suites. The beach is super if that is your preference and is even good enough for surfers, depending on the tide. There are taxis and buses if you want to go to the other resorts.

As it is in the north of Majorca you can either go with your tour operators coach, group mini bus or taxi. The first two will probably mean that airport to hotel will take up to two hours. Taxi is 45-50 minutes and at around 90-100 Euros worth the cost, in my opinion.

Check-in and explanation of the hotel is very clear and your bags are taken with you to your room, we tipped. The rooms are very nice and typical bed/lounge set-up with separate bathroom. Most important the air conditioning is very good, I like the room cold. Even more important is the bed, which I prefer to be not hard and the hotel beds left me feeling very rested every morning. Upgrade with the room and you’ll get more space, etc. The room has a fridge and our package including one litre of water per day, but water if free at the pool bar anyway. There is a coffee machine, but take your own tea bag style coffee round bags. No kettle, we took our own for tea. The TV has many channels, but who watches tv on holiday. There is a small shower/changing room available for after you have checked out at 12pm. Also even if you are leaving much later in the day you are still entitled to the all-inclusive package.

There is small gym. One Concept II rowing machine, which the Director got in based on my recommendation to him in 2016! One upright bike, one recumbent bike, two treadmills and one cross trainer. The bikes currently have no straps and the cross trainer is clunky, but I reported it and expect it will be resolved by now. The gym also has weights and water. Outside there are also about 6 very good spinning bikes.

The staff are very disciplined and customer focused. The Director Vicente takes a personal interest in your needs and is very cognisant of the need to keep improving – not that much is needed. His managers equally take pride in their work and drive their subordinates to maintain very high level of customer care. I tipped more than any other holiday I’ve been on and it was not expected, but I felt obliged to reward service well above the required standard.

All-inclusive is very good. For breakfast and dinner it is buffet and quite frankly for the price you pay you are not going to find it better. Those who demand more should take lunch in the restaurant where you will find meals cooked to your personal preference. The Gala dinner was super and given the huge number of guests perfectly organized and executed. Drinks are equally very good for all inclusive. You would have to be rather picky to want to pay more, but the option is there for you if the very good all-inclusive drinks don’t meet your standards.

Entertainment matches the age group of the clientele and ends at 11pm each night. Marcel also offer some super morning trips for walking/sightseeing. My favourite though was Francesca. She took spinning and circuit training and also the most entertaining aqua aerobics. This was mainly for the ladies, but as a man I gave it a go and it was great fun. Middle aged folks moving in a swimming pool listing to Carl Cox playing trance at some concert and an entertaining Italian lady was super fun.

The only downside to this hotel and every other public facility around the World is cigarette smoke. Good luck to the smokers if they want to reduce their life expectancy, but please don’t do it to me! It is obvious that in the next few decades it will banned in all public areas inside and outside, but at the moment the non-smokes have to suffer. I have spoken with the Director about this and he is well aware of the issue and also the need to accommodate smokers. At the moment there is no restriction outside so, if like me you value your health, you will find yourself moving to avoid it, but sometimes due to the holiday extra smoking mode people go into it is almost impossible. Perhaps a designated area outside is the answer. To be clear, this is not only this hotels problem, but every hotel I stay in and I go to a lot around the World with work are the same.

So in summary, remember how much you are paying and place in context the excellent facilities and in particular superb service you receive with this hotel I don’t think there is better. We’ll be going again next year for the 4th time. Brilliant Vicente, many thanks to you and all your wonderful staff see you next year.