“Very good pub grub - great atmosphere”
Review of The Foresters Arms

The Foresters Arms
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Beckington
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Foresters is a 18th Century village Inn, set in the quiet back streets of a the picturesque village of Beckington, serving traditional beers, ciders, food and now offering accommodation. We now have 7 En-suite Rooms 4 kingsize 2 twin rooms and 1 Family room with 1 kingsize with single bed.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I often eat here as very close to where I work. I booked a table for a Monday evening to meet up with a friend after work - on arriving at 6pm surprised that we were the only ones there. Good selection of food on the board plus specials. The prices have gone up a little but good size portions.
I ordered the steak & ale pie and my friend the vegetable lasagne. Service was very good and food arrived after a short wait. Large portions and we both struggled to finish our food. While was a shame as I would have loved a dessert
Plenty of parking both outside the pub and to the side of the pub.
There is plenty of seating both in the both and outside.
Friday & Saturday evenings - I would advise booking as very popular for both residents and visitors

1  Thank LAD63

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This looks like a traditional inn from the outside but has a modern fresh décor which initially we found disappointing. However the staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food good value and delicious. So much so that we returned again the following evening! What more can I say? It was quiet on the days we went but booking may be advised at weekends. If you want a tete-a-tete you may want to avoid the table by the open fire under the blackboard menu as diners are continually walking up close to it to read the selections.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I went here for dinner one night whilst staying locally in Frome.

It is a very modern place and the host was very friendly and and chatty. It wasn't particularly busy when we were there but it was a week night but the food was lovely. My only criticism would be that there was a real 'local atmosphere' about the place and the staff were a little cold compared to the treatment of the regulars (we didn't know there was a specials board until it was shown to a regular after we had ordered). Nonetheless, the food and general service was very good.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We visited on a Friday night and the place was buzzing with a mix of locals and visitors, seek this place out if you are in the area - you wont be dissappointed

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My second visit to The Foresters Arms and Ive enjoyed both stays. Lovely rooms, with comfy beds and fresh linen. Superb appointed rooms and a friendly welcome. Food was fantastic and great value. I can highly recommend staying here.