“Great Family Room”

Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tessera
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Caught bus from airport to hotel, stop is about 400 meters from hotel. We had a family room at the back of the hotel. Huge spotless room which slept 4. Wife & I slept in the bedroom & kids slept on the beds/sofas in the lounge room. It also had 2 tvs, dining table & chairs & plenty of storage . The room was immaculate. Breakfast had plenty to choose from. All staff were friendly & helpful. When we were due to catch a bus to Piazza Roma it was pouring, the hotel offered to take us to the bus stop free of charge. Little things like this make a great hotel. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ledj2

Reviewed 3 August 2009

Close to airport, excellent rates, friendly and helpful staff, spacious and spotlessly clean rooms, small but adequate elevator for luggage and 1-2 persons, picked us up at airport with their van after only a couple of minutes wait, arranged taxi to ship, a short bus ride into Venice proper, some interesting stores and local restaurants within a short walk, great breakfast-- as fine as any 4 star hotel, a few blocks away is a beautiful wine shop where we purchased wine for under $10 to take on our cruise ship, locals were filling large jugs of wine for ten Euros!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Well this is a very good hotel for business staying with very close location for the airport, very good breakfast for that type of hotels, the small television in the room and weak internet connection don't let it to be fully business but two rooms and big bathroom make it really cool. There is no loundry service in the hotel that is really disappointing but the service and the crew is perfect so if you going to venice and look for the hotel in about 120 euros with good breakfast and large rooms i will recomend you that one.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Romek_Isr
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Had 6:25am flight so shuttle bus at 4:45 got us there in 5 min. Quiet , airconditioned rooms. Staff spoke excellent english. Access by local bus #5 from P.Roma Stall A-1. Get off at Tessera stop (just before the airport) and walk 400 meters further up the road. Too bad the bus didn't stop at the hotel since it goes right by,
Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank VictoriaCanucks
Reviewed 19 June 2009

The Titian Inn Hotel was a nice experience after staying at several Italian bed and breakfasts for two weeks. The hotel was more "American" than other places we stayed in Italy. We stayed there 2 nights at the end of our vacation. The main reason we stayed here was because we had a 6:30 flight on our last day. The staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English. The rooms & bathrooms were large and clean. The beds were not comfortable by American standards but NO beds in Italy are. The breakfast was excellent - everything from yogurt, cheeses, meats, croissants, and eggs. They also have good pre-packaged pastries that make great snacks for later in the day.

We had several questions about Venice and the staff answered them all. The bus stop is right down the road from the hotel and you can be at the station in Venice in 18 minutes. The staff will tell you when the buses stop but we found that they were always late. So plan to stand there for 5 -10 minutes past the pick up time.

The only difficulty we had was when we arrived at the Mestre train station. Their website suggests taking the No. 15 bus to the hotel. This bus runs twice an hour except for Sunday - the day we arrived. We had to wait 45 minutes for the bus because it only runs once an hour. Once we got on the bus, it was completely full both standing and sitting. The bus makes several stops on the way to the airport. The total bus ride took another 45 minutes. The bus stop is a little difficult to find - make sure you ask someone on the bus or the driver or you will probably miss it. A very nice local hit the bell for us when we were approaching. Bus 15 does not drive directly in front of the hotel so you might not even know that you missed it. If you get to the airport - then you missed it.

Another option to get there would be to take the train past Mestre to Venice St. Lucia. You will be on the island and can make the short walk to Pizzale Roma and get on Bus 5. These buses run every 10 minutes and it only takes 15 - 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the island. The Titian is the stop right after the Jeep dealership on Bus 5.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel that is more "American". I know we probably missed out on some of the ambiance of Venice but I appreciated the extra friendliness of the staff. You could tell they were trying hard to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank lifelong_wanderer
Reviewed 20 May 2009

We just finished a tour of Italy which ended in Venice. I wanted to extend the vacation by one day in order to see relatives close to Venice so I had to find a hotel that was close to the airport so I could take advantage of the transfer (included in tour package) back to Marco Polo from the Lido. We decided on a "family" room because I was travelling with our two teenagers and it was more reasonably priced than two separate rooms. The plan was to leave our luggage stored at the hotel (I hated to leave it anywhere but in the room but it wouldn't all fit into little cars!) and actually "check in" when we arrived back at the end of that day.
When we arrived early (about 8:30 am) the lady at the desk offered to let us check in right away - "the room is clean and ready now - why not?".
I was so pleasantly surprised by this! When she showed us the room we were even more impressed - a very large ante room with two day beds and tv and a large bedroom with a door betwen them. Very spacious and very clean! We booked ahead for the transfer back to the airport the next morning (10 euros total for all four of us).
The beds were comfortable, and the buffet breakfast was every bit as good or better than any of the other 4 star hotels we had stayed at during the tour. The shuttle took only 5 minutes to the airport. Everyone was pleasant and courteous. The hotel is in a residential area, very little traffic but still so close to the airport.
I would definitely recommend this little gem of a hotel - nice way to end your holiday in Italy !

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank eddunz
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I stayed here the night before my flight back to the US. It was recommended by several sources that if you have an early flight (mine was 6:25 am) you don't rely on public transportation to get you to the airport on time. I took the public #5 airport bus from Piazza Roma. I didn't know where to get off, so I got off too soon. I asked someone, and they said get back on the next bus and keep going. The next bus was packed, (aren't they all?) and I had to stand next to the driver, which turned out to be a good thing, because she said no problem, she would let me off close to the hotel. Apparently the hotel is the next to the last stop before the airport, but if you don't know where that is, it doesn't help to know that. Look for a square with a church and a MacDonald's sign, called Tessera. Good luck. Reception was welcoming, they spoke English (always valuable to me) and the room was fine, very clean bathroom, little fridge, window that opened, TV, safe, hair dryer. Only English channel was CNN. I had the usual single, hard bed. It was cold, so I asked about heat, and was told it was only on in the bathroom. All the rooms are on the same floor, and there is an elevator. There is also a couple of coin-operated machines where you can get drinks. I used the computer they had ($2 euro for 1/2 hour) to check in to my flight, and when I had trouble with the website and the printer, the young lady at the desk was very helpful and patient. There is a cafe and a pizzeria nearby, but not much else. I walked around the residential neighborhood and looked at the lovely gardens, getting barked at by a lot of guard dogs. Made me wonder if there were a lot of break-ins . . . I picked this hotel for the early shuttle service and early breakfast. It is basically a business hotel. I got a wakeup call on time and was amazed at the enormous complementary buffet breakfast set up in a large dining room. It ran all along two walls. Service starts at 4:30 am, and I caught the shuttle ($5 euro) at 5:00 am. It's five minutes to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank gypsygirl1925
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tessera
Annia Park Hotel
Antony Hotel
#19 of 58 in Mestre
Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano
Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport

Been to Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport? Share your experiences!