“Poor service, over priced and cold coffee.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of De Canto Wine bar

De Canto Wine bar
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Tessera
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor service, over priced and cold coffee.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I asked for a macchiato and got a cold American instead. When I pointed out the mistake, she gave me cold milk. Also its way overpriced. Culto around the corner is cheaper.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank cathal-travelling

• Turkish first
Ireland
“Avoid, avoid, avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Avoid this place at all costs. I didn't get the chance to try their expensive food because for some reason the staff made a judgement call and decided that it was ok to keep me waiting while they chatted and checked their mobiles. While waiting though I've noticed that the only waiter available touched some food without gloves (prior to this she took the money) and then forgot to charge a tourist for a fruit salad. THIRTEEN EUROS being a rip off, the lady decided she could do without fruit salad and the waiter insulted her. In venetian dialect, because she couldn't speak neither English nor Italian. Shame!!!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Marylu79
Paris, France
“Terrible service from Jenny Jenny”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

When I asked Jenny whether it is better to stay and make an order or stay here at the bar, she said I can order in 1 minute. Ten minutes after she came back to ask me and my wife whether we want something to drink. I proposed her to make the whole order, she dissapeared after I asked my orange juice. Few minutes I had my grapefruit! juice and my wife still nothing, and after no actual food. Then I asked for the manager and later for her lastname, she said it is Jenny as well.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Ilya L
Sydney, Australia
“Poor service for tourists”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

After being seated and waiting for about 10 minutes a waiter finally came towards our table but then went to attend to a table of Italians next to us who has just arrived. I had to insist the waiter serve us first. We ordered cold platters of finely sliced beef with roast vegetables and prosciutto with buffalo mozzarella and a coffee and tea. The food arrived promptly, as it was pre-prepared but our coffee and tea never arrived. The food was good but service extremely poor and unprofessional.
This place reminded me of the rubbish service we got at Maxims at Paris airport for which I wrote a similarly poor review.
I can't believe that I didn't check other reviews before sitting down. I never thought that we could have a similarly bad experience at 2 airport restaurants in a row. I noted on trip advisor that even the Italians disliked this place.

At Venice airport just go to one of the many bistros and avoid dissatisfaction.

• Visited April 2014
7 Thank SydneyConcordian
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Worst place ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Worst place ever. Broken cutlery, cold food, slow service and expensive. Waitress continually ignored us.

• Visited June 2013