We stayed at this hotel one night after getting off a 9 day Mediterranean Cruise. The hotel is located about a mile from the Marco Polo Airport and offers free shuttle service to and from the airport. The website clearly states that shuttle service is discontinued between 1 and 3. We were delighted to discover that there is a bus stop directly across the street from the hotel which will take you to the main bus depot in Venice for a round trip cost of 2.6 Euro. What a bargain! The bus depot in Venice is located just near the Grand Canal and not far from the train terminal. If you don't mind lugging your luggage over the numerous bridges, this is a bargain since a private water taxi will cost you about 110 Euro from the airport into Venice. Bus # 5 by the way......and it will also take you back to the hotel or to the airport. The trip takes about 20 minutes or so.
The hotel is a typical European Marriott Courtyard, immaculate with nice rooms. I thought the dinner in the attached restaurant was expensive but they have a good bar menu. We ordered pizza and wine which ran us around 25 Euro. I will say that the pizza we had (Iberian ham with Brie and mushrooms) was the best pizza I have ever eaten. Just yummy. The service was a little slow but we weren't going anywhere so we didn't really mind.
The breakfast was the typical European buffet spread, 16 Euro per person. There was a lot of variety and you could help yourself to as much as you wanted....so more expensive by US standards but not by European standards.
I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. It is a good choice as a first night or last night coming and going from Venice. Or if the Venice hotels are just too expensive. The bus runs until midnight so you could conceivably stay here for an extended time but it wouldn't be as much fun as staying in Venice itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Venice Airport is the third passenger landing terminal in Italy. Courtyard by Marriott Venice Airport is the nearest branded accommodation. Our Hotel, conveniently located just 900 mt from Venice Airport and only 12 km from downtown Venice, offers the perfect solution for either Business or Leisure travelers arriving or departing from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard Venice Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Venice Airport Hotel Tessera
- Marriott Venice
- Venice Marriott
- Venice Courtyard
- Courtyard Venice Airport Province Of Venice, Italy