“Just Go”

Castello delle Serre
parkland,florida
“Just Go”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you have taken the time to read any of these reviews you already realize this is no ordinary hotel. In fact it isn't a hotel at all, it is truly a castle. Salvatore, Antonio and Shelley treat you as if you are guests in their home. Indeed you are, as it is their home as well. The castle is on the historical registry,so the renovations are held to a very high standard, but still the rooms remain very warm and inviting. I love that no two are alike. We were fortunate enough to experience two dinners prepared by Salvatore. We happened to pass him on our way to breakfast and he was already preparing that evenings meal. We returned from a day out of a picture book and he was still cooking! He prepped all day and let me just say it was well worth every minute he put into it!! They were our favorite dinners of the entire 16 day vacation. But truly the highlight of our stay was the family atmosphere that pervades everything they do. I had spent 4 months searching, investigating and planning for the perfect 20th anniversary trip for my wife and I. The rooftop suite at The Grand Tremezzo Hotel in Lake Como followed by a week on the Champs Élysées just couldn't compare to the 4 magical days and nights spent at the castle.
Needless to say, my wife thinks I am brilliant and of course we have made plans to return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Greek first
Kansas
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My bride and I were fortunate enough to find this gem about 5 years ago. We made a promise before we left that we would definitely go back. This year is our 40th wedding anniversary and provided an excellent reason to return. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon with our 2 sons and daughter-in-laws. After Salvatore and Shelley made sure we were settled, we had time to relax before enjoying one of the highlights of our trip. Salvatore and Antonio put on a spread that evening for supper that was truly fit for a King! All I can say is Wow! They served 24 people that night and truly satisfied everyone at the table.
It is evident that this place is truly a labor of love, as we listened to stories on the restoration from Salvatore and Antonio. I could say there is no way it could get any better, but that wouldn't be a true statement. The morning we departed, Antonio gave us a tour of the last phase of their restoration. Unbelievable is the only way to describe it. We asked ourselves, how can you improve on perfect? All I can say is they definitely have it figured out. As with our last trip to Castello delle Serre, we found ourselves promising we will definitely return. It will be like returning to visit family as that is exactly the way Salvatore, Antonio, and Shelley made us feel. Until we meet again..............

Room Tip: Stop thinking about it and just book it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
New Orleans
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Our 2 nights here at the Castle were some of the most memorable in our 12 days in Italy! Yes, it is as beautiful as all of the pictures and the owners are as lovely, helpful and friendly as everyone says. Hard to add more. Also, this was my first visit to Tuscany and I was truly blown awAy by how much more lovely this area is than the rest; as well as how convenient the Castle is located to so many areas. But, here are some room tips. We stayed in the tower room which was truly exquisite. However, the bathroom is on the ground floor and the bedroom is on the second floor. I highly recommend you leave your luggage on the ground floor, otherwise you will make many trips up and down the stairs when you are hurrying in the morning to get dressed. I never thought this would be a factor, alas I must be in worse shape than I realized! DO go to the small, family run restaurant a few blocks away in the village, as recommended by Shelley. Truly one of the best meals we had in Italy! We highly recommend the Castle to anyone vacationing in Tuscany!

• Stayed September 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We opted for the Guard Tower room in this castle. First of all, its a true castle and not a villa. It sits on top of a mountain at the tallest point of the village. It is completely renovated.

The Guard Tower room was actually a converted Guard Tower. The door opened to a stair case, with the 2nd floor being the living and bath rooms, another staircase up to the 3rd floor bedroom, and a spiral metal stair case to the roof of the Guard Tower. On the roof, we had our own private lounging area with 360 degree view of the mountain and the valleys below. The only structure that was taller was the bell tower from the castle's church.

Here is the catch, no gimmicks! Worth every dollar. Now if you are mobility challenged, get one of the other rooms, otherwise, go for the Guard Tower with the stairs. Also, the roads up to the castle are steep and narrow. If you are not a confident driver, you should get one so as to not miss this stay on your vacation.

Not for small children or wheelchairs.

Also, no room service.

Room Tip: If stairs are no problem, the Guard Tower Suite is the place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been meaning to write this for a while. This is a special place. My wife and I stayed here in March 31st through April 2nd 2012. There is not much that I can say that has not already been said. Shelley, Antonio, and Salvatore really know how to take care of their guest. We were lucky enough to catch one of Salvatore meals and my wife still talks about how it was one of her favorites ever. Stay here. They will take great care of you.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We should've wrote a review the first time we visited Castello Delle Serre. But I just don't want to do it because, I don't want it to be full all the time. So that I still can make a reservation.

Now that we just been there for second time. And having realized that are 300 sth excellent ratings, mine wouldn't really make a difference. However, I just want to give a belated thank you to this beautiful hotel and the great people from the hotel.

I don't want to repeat what all other people said on how nice and perfect this hotel is. The fact that my wife and I was engaged in Tuscany and we stayed in Castello and we returned to Castello Delle Serre for our honeymoon in just 12 months time. I think that's enough said.

I saw someone left a review saying that they have stayed for 7 times , I think we are very likely to beat that.

Castello delle serre is just so different from all other hotels that we've stayed. When you see the price , you probably might think you could get something more luxury in the region. And you might think with the money you paid , you could get a room in a 5 star hotel. Yes, you are right about it. There's nothing fancy about this hotel, not those where you would see a crystal chandelier. And in fact, they have an owner that likes to boss you around and tell you exactly what to do and you have to follow it. I still find it funny how my wife and I still talked about it 10 months after our first visit.

We love every part of this hotel. Where can you find such lovely castle with delicious food ? The bossy owner gave you directions to where you should go everyday and he even drew you a map on where you should PARK your car. You can basically throw away all your guide books.

Great place to stay if it's your first time to Italy because the location is just perfect to go around. Great place to stay if you would like to impress your partner, it's an Italian Castle with a perfect view of the Tuscan sun set.

I will give a 6 star if there's an extra one to fill.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband, teenage sons and I stayed at Castello delle Serre for a week in August. We had a truly fantastic time. The castle and the location are perfect; remote enough to feel peaceful but central for visiting Sienna, Florence, and the wonderful Tuscan wine towns Montepulciano, Montalcino. What is special about the place is that the family have renovated the castello as a labour of love and they welcome visitors as friends, but without being intrusive. A great example is how Shelley takes the trouble to see whether people need help with their daily excursions and only if they do she will provide maps, recommendations on where to park, eat, visit, all making the days out much more relaxing and enjoyable than they might have been. The pool is lovely and there are many good places to eat nearby, though a car hire is essential. I was so glad we stayed here and not at a more formal or modern hotel. It was very special.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Serre di Rapolano
Aia Mattonata Relais
Aia Mattonata Relais
#1 of 40 in Siena
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
#1 of 14 in Montalcino
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery
Castello di Velona Resort, Therm...
#1 of 1 in Castelnuovo dell'Abate
Frances' Lodge Relais
Frances' Lodge Relais
#1 of 120 in Siena
Agriturismo Relais Borghetto il Montino
Agriturismo Relais Borghetto il ...
#2 of 6 in Serre di Rapolano

Been to Castello delle Serre? Share your experiences!