“Worth a visit.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2015

My fiancé and I stumbled across this little town on a drive around the nearby lake. We stopped off at La Ripetta for lunch and were greeted by a young waiter who showed us to a table. The views across the lake were fantastic and we immediately felt relaxed. We decided on the set menu which consisted of 4 courses plus coffee. There was antipasti with fried pasta to start with, then spaghettini carbonara, followed by mixed meat grill with a green salad, and finally a trio of desserts – tiramisu, crème caramel and trifle plus biscuits. We had a carafe of lovely red wine with the meal and then a beautiful dessert wine that the house recommended. The staff were professional and attentive but not overbearing. The bill came to 60 euros which we felt was great value for a long, relaxed lunch.

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

An amazing experience. No words to describe the food the wine and the service for a reasonable price. Not to be missed!!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The quality of the food combine with the location it makes La Ripetta the perfect place to have a romantic dinner. I would gladly recommend it!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Well glad we went. Tried to be top class but missed out. Found better food elsewhere out of gradoli service was poor and staff unhelpful except kitchen staff that took booking at lunchtime for our evening visit. Expensive for what we had. Can eat on balcony that does have some view of lake but mostly of Nasty block of flats opposite.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently moved to Viterbo from New York City where I found delicious food on almost any street corner. On Lago di Bolsena, it's not as easy. There are lots of restaurants that attract tourists with their lakeside terraces or stunning views, but fail to deliver when it comes to the actual food. La Ripetta is, by far, the best restaurant on Lago di Bolsena. Sure it has the beautiful views of the lake, but more importantly it has delicious, fresh, real, italian food. Every time I go, I have them make a tasting menu. And for a very reasonable price, I always leave full and happy. The ingredients are fresh - fresh seafood, home-made (to die for!) pasta, and delicious fried veggies - the service is kind and responsive, and overall atmosphere is pleasant and welcoming. Sure, the interior decor is a little out-dated but if you ask me, that adds to the charm. It is still the original decor from when the restaurant was first opened - I believe in the 80's!

Definitely a must-go - a hidden treasure in a tiny, quiet town.

Date of visit: September 2013