“Location is ok but staff is not...”

Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Beausoleil
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This apartment is situated very close to the train station. However, an access is difficult because we had to take a big loop to reach the apartment with our luggages. Shorter access is not possible with luggages because there were so many steps to climb. It turned out that we had to walk about 1 km to the apartment (climbing).
To make it worse, our arrival was attended by two unfriendly receptionists. There were 7 adults & 2 children in our group and the booking done was for 2 apartments for 5 adults & 2 adults respectively. They refused to let us stay in the originally booked apartments because of the children. We felt a bit annoyed because I did mentioned about the children when I did the booking. When no email received from them, I presumed all is ok. Finally they upgraded the apartments with additional cost and since we already felt so tired pulling our luggages all the way there, we couldn't be bothered to find another place to stay. The male staff who was on the night shift was even worst. Couldn't even answered politely when asked. I agree with EmmaErasmus, their staff is indeed with attitude problem.
We found the apartments are ok, clean and comfortable. The washing room is available at the reception area. There is one washing machine and a dryer available at the cost of EUR5 & EUR3 per cycle respectively.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SueHamid
Sandie P, Directrice Adjointe at Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the staff have therefore been duly noted.
We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I am currently staying at the Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo, Monaco. Our first breakfast was meet with unfriendly staff! After taking a basket of pasties from the buffet, my husband asked for it back. Staff where unhelpful and unwilling to do so. Eventually a member of staff brought the basket out and throw it on the buffet table in disgust! I couldn't believe it! I would not recommend coming here, the staff have a very bad attitude towards customers. I am not looking forward to breakfast for the rest of our holiday, which is not how it should be!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank EmmaErasmus

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the breakfast service have therefore been duly noted.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Unhelpful staff, no cleaners in the room (no fresh towels, no extra toilet roll), my bath was dusty. There is no bed in the room, but a sofa bed which you have to assemble yourself. Monaco taxis will not come to this hotel, you have to walk one road south to the Monaco boarder to get a taxi - hotel will refuse to call them!

There is, however, a dishwasher...!

All in all, terrible (and not meant in the French translation!)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Holly S
Sandie P, Directrice adjointe at Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comments.
We were extremely sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the quality of our establishment, and in particular with the staff, the cleaning (if you stayed more than 3 nights the cleaning service is not included but you can have one as extra), the sofa bed (all the beds are already made at your arrival) and the taxi service (independent of the residence, we don’t refuse to call the taxi of Monaco, but they simply refuse to come and catch our guests because we are situated in the French part). Please accept our sincere apologies.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at the Adagio Monte Cristo.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Spent one night here, booked about 3 weeks in advance so I didn't get the best price, but still was a good combination of value and location. The studio I got was alright, but I think the plushness of it make up for some faults. Would have much preferred a double bed to a sofa bed, and although there was a fully equipped kitchen, it wouldn't have hurt to chuck in a few sachets of tea or coffee! Staff were good, not great, but were polite and helpful. Breakfast was 10euro, an offer I politely declined. All in all it was good, location was decent but there was a lot of walking involved to get around.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Travers59
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Overall very dissatisfied. For the price of over 200 euros per night during the yacht show, this was simply terrible value and far below expectations. The shower pressure was so poor I could not use it (even if it had been useable, it was only a hand held bath attachment). same with the hair dryer. The only option was the bath, which took at least 25 minutes to fill because of the low water pressure. I really didn't have time for this on a very full and hectic business trip. There were only the most basic amenities- not even a bar of soap.on top of that, a colleague's room on the ground floor was broken into. A lot of improvements to make.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I paid for a regular double bed but received a sofa bed which is really restless. and made this reservation 10 months ago; this is not a last minute reservation. Today there is a problem with electricity and I have only lights around the bed; no AC, no light in the bathroom, no fridge, etc. I am very badly cheated and due exhibition of MYS I am not able to move but never ever at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Get a signed paper what for did you pay; otherwise you can receive a sofa instead of a bed like me!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Seyran07
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I am five months pregnant and was due to stay at the Adagio City Aparthotel in Monaco for a weekend with my husband. Unfortunately, I became ill and my obstetrician advised me against travelling. I called the hotel in order to cancel my room 48 hours before my arrival date. I spoke to the Reception Manager who refused to give me her name and literally screamed at me during the entire call. She said that she receives calls like this every day and why should she cancel my room. I tried to explain to her that I had a medical reason and a letter from the doctor, but she kept screaming that she did not care. This Reception Manager was so angry that during the call I had to remind her that she was speaking to a customer and should stop screaming at me. She very angrily told me that she did not care and hung up on me.

I cannot believe I ever booked this awful place and will never stay at another Accor property due to the way their lack of training and the way their awful staff think they can speak to guests.

Room Tip: Never ever book this place!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anna G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beausoleil
Novotel Monte Carlo
Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco
Hotel Ambassador Monaco
Hotel Ambassador Monaco
#10 of 10 in Monte-Carlo

Been to Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo? Share your experiences!