“Mick & Lynne - An affordable and comfortable French Hotel within walking distance of Monte Carlo”
Review of Hotel Capitole

Hotel Capitole
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Beausoleil
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here when visiting Monaco for a family wedding. We could not believe our luck. This hotel was within budget, comfortable and very clean. The staff were both friendly and helpful. Underground parking was a bonus. Good restaurants and bars were within walking distance. During our free time we walked to the Casino and the Port. We managed to visit all the sites in Monte Carlo either by walking or on the hop on hop off bus. We visited nearby Menton and for convenience used the bus service. This was excellent.

Room Tip: Rember to ask for a room with a shower if that is your preference. A sea view (in the distance) mak...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer Lynne T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1 night having booked it last minute. The price was not reasonable in the normal world but this is Monaco so it is hard to find any moderate priced hotels in good locations.
The hotel is well situated, we walked from the train station and it was only 5-10 minutes. The bus network in Monaco is good and well laid out, we took the bus to train station on our return which was simple. The hotel benefits from being a nice neighbourhood of Beausoleilwith shops and restaurants, it is off the main street however so is very quiet which is great at night. Beausoleil is in fact in France, with an invisible boundary running through Monaco, don't let this put you off. The hotel is in effect in Monaco and there is no difference, access to the beaches, the Port and Casino is all very easy on foot.
The hotel itself is small, quaint and very French. The decor is not modern but classic and good quality.
We had a standard double bed room. It was well size proportioned although unfortunately only 2 singles beds were left. We would have preferred a double. Beds were comfy, bathroom was a good size and shower good. We had a smaller balcony than some of the other rooms which was disappointing but it was nice. The view to the sea was fine albeit small.
This hotel is very comfortable, clean, well connected. A perfect location to explore all sides of the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My 3 nights in Monaco was my first trip abroad alone and as a student as much as I wanted to stay in the Metropole or Hermitage, it wasn’t going to happen! Luckily I found the Hotel Capitole with its near perfect Tripadvisor score; believe me, they deserve it.

Upon arriving I made the mistake of turning up early before official check-in but not to worry as I was taken straight to my room which was ready to get changed and head out to explore. This was a good example of the service received during my stay despite my somewhat embarrassing French. This wasn’t a problem as all staff on reception had an excellent standard of English.

The room itself was big and very clean, the shower room is a bit small but the shower was big so no problems there. What surprised me is that for an independent 3 star you get a hairdryer and washing products included as well as a TV, minibar etc… It feels just like you’re in a chain hotel in that respect. The view from my room was onto the street with two nice balconies, it’s noisy in the morning rush but I for one was not in Monaco to lay in past 8:00!

Breakfast was an added 10.50€ but was good for setting you up for the day, there’s a fair chunk of walking to do In town so you need the energy. The staff were always cheery in the morning and well informed on the area, which helps as well.

Overall if you are on business or looking to explore Monaco this is the place, when you arrive back from a long day it does the job of being clean, tidy, well appointed and with help on hand should you need it.

I know for sure now that I have fallen in love with Monaco that I will be back and, unless on a considerably bigger budget of circa 300€ a night I will not be staying anywhere other than the Hotel Capitole Beausoleil.

P.S. Try dinner on the Miramar Terrace and lunch at the Bleu Note on Larvotto Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonathan G
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Excellent recently renovated hotel, clean, nice and helpful staff, soundproof windows, A/C, draperies, high ceilings, bedcovers- all there, simple but clean bathroom with shower, comfortable bed. It is 2-3 times cheaper than any Monaco Hotel, I stayed in Hotel Metroplole few months before, the room was the same, outside amentities of course were impressive, The secret is - Capitole is actually few steps from Monte Carlo Casino even though it is in Beausoleil, France. Visitors do not realize that because when you search Monaco hotels, this hotel may not come up. Deluxe room is of decent size and is very affordable, you should try to book it in advance. I did not try breakfast but there are plenty little cafes outside, much cheaper

Room Tip: book deluxe room facing the street if you can, it has a small balcony and it is still very afforda...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank lucien22
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were quite friendly and the rooms were nice and clean and the bed was quite soft. It is funny I am mentioning the bed but I stayed in 5 different hotels during my trip and this one had the best bed.
The area is beautiful. It is a few minute walk from the Casino. And there is a public parking almost next to the hotel. The hotel also has a booked space in the parking which you can use. It is a bliss, as there is no parking space in these narrow beautiful streets.
Considering the price and the location and the quality, I can recommend it to those who want to visit Monaco.

Room Tip: I had a room with a view of the city and the sea. Actually you could see a small piece of the sea fr...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a stay at this smaller but friendly hotel. We stayed in room #335 which is to the rear of the hotel which suited us perfectly as we prefer a quite environment. The hotel is quite close and an easy walk to the Casino, shopping and sights and has quite adequate breakfast facilities. We assumed that taxis were readily available first thing in the morning - not so. Yves sprang to the rescue and organised our transportation to the station with his night porter. How the driver found his way to the station still baffles me - talk about a confusion of roads.Gentlemen, thank you for saving the day for us.
Folks, it's not the Ritz and it doesn't pretend to be, but for value for money, friendliness and convenience it's hard to beat.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

For a three star hotel, even if adjacent to Monaco, I found the renewed Hotel Cosmopolite, expensive, and basically, the attitude, over confident. I was alone, booked in advance, and was charged 146 euros,without breakfast. The safe did not function, teething problems perhaps. I was told tap 1234A, and it will work!!
The wifi was functioning only part of the time. If you need a clean hotel without any personality then good luck.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lil0uN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beausoleil
Novotel Monte Carlo
#3 of 10 in Monte-Carlo
Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
#1 of 10 in Monte-Carlo

Been to Hotel Capitole? Share your experiences!