“Tasty”

Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Le restaurant Thayagam est idealement situe a Beausoleil a deux pas de Monaco. Si vous habitez ou travaillez a Monaco ou Beausoleil venez decouvrir une cuisine authentique et equilibree du sud de l'inde et du Sri lanka.
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We went there with the kids (11+13) and we were happily surprised. The restaurant is rather small, not suited for a large group but up to 6 that's ok. We took several dishes (lamb, chicken) and various vegetables (rice, spinach, potatoes) and everything was tasty and spicy - but not too hot. A very nice and simple dinner.
Another time, we had some naan delivered to the apart : the cheese ones were ok but the vegetable ones too crusty - to be avoided the next time.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Had another great lunch in the new, fairly, premises in Moneghetti.
Same menu, same prices, same service. Nothing he changed.
Still can recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

This place moved to Moneghetti. Still operating. The food is not so knock-down good as it used to be. Still pretty reasonable.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

I am a vegetarian residing in Monaco. After reading positive comments about vegetarian options in this so called "restaurant", I decided to visit it with my family. I called them up in the day and requested for a table booking and checked with them if the vegetarian south indian options listed by them were available that day. They confirmed the availability and I asked them if they had any parking. They told me that street parking is usually available around the "restaurant".
I reached the restaurant around 8 pm and there was not a single parking spot available in 1.5 km radius of the restaurant. I waited inside the "restaurant" which had no other guest while my family spent 20 minutes looking for a parking spot. The manager along with other shopkeepers in the neighbourhood tried helping us to find a spot but with no success, finally, we had to leave without eating. The restaurant manager/owner (i am not sure about his title) apologised for the inconvenience and I told him that we would instead call for home delivery from next time.
After 2 days, I called up the "restaurant" to place a home delivery order. The manager REFUSED to deliver food to me saying that by not eating at the "restaurant" that day, I caused him a great loss and his food went waste. So he will not cater to me.
A) Whose fault is it if a business does not have any nearby parking or direct public transport available for its customers, especially for a first time, unsuspecting customer ?
B) Can it be called a "Restaurant" if cancellation by a single small family have cost them a fortune ?
I have traveled more than 30 countries in the world and I have never faced this kind of foolish and rude attitude by any business owner. From what i noticed and from what is evident, this restaurant doesn't get clients and now we all know why !

3  Thank Pranjul T
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Good food and friendly staff. Would recommend it and would definitely go back again. We ate vegetarian which was very good. The masala dosa was great