“Best Ever”
Review of Hotel Aurora

Hotel Aurora
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Alba di Canazei
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was the coordinator for a group that was hosted by the Rosa Family in December... It was absolutely amazing. Our package was all inclusive and included three meals a day. Because I was with a Sports Group, the menu specifications (as well as times) were very specific. They were so very accommodating. It will forever be one of sweetest memories!

Ugo acted as a personal tour guide for the group. Taking them once to the cable car and once to Bolzano. Terry helped me so much with all the details, including laundry (which was not included in our price).

The food was always delicious and served with a friendly smile by Terry and Ramona and Lavinia. By the end of our stay I considered them friends. I had so many dishes, once of my favorite was Barley made like Risotto. We had fresh Pheasant and Elk and Rabbit. It was all delicious and fresh.

Several days, I had to work off site and Terry always sent me with muffins, sandwiches and hot tea. Several times when I was working in the bar, she brought me Cappuccino. I honestly can't say enough about this place.

Room Tip: I loved my room, but I saw every room and they are all a little bit different and very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We're just on our way home from a wonderful trip to Canazei. We had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Aurora in Alba di Canazei. From the booking stage to the end of the holiday everything was so easy and everyone did everything to make sure the stay was just perfect. Teresa even helped us out by organising an extra night so we could arrive Friday afternoon and stay in another hotel as they were fully booked. The hotel has a bus stop only a few steps away in the morning and on the way back from Canazei it literally drops you outside the Hotel Aurora ski room! Buses are frequent, I think we waited 5minutes maximum though most days 1-2 minutes was more usual. To be honest, I think this was easier than staying in one of the hotels in Canazei itself unless you like walking in ski boots! The breakfasts were lovely with freshly cooked pastries and cakes always available. The dinners were varied and tasty, not to mention plentiful!! Ski hard to work them off!! Much choice with locally sourced ingredients, which for us was fantastic as we always like to try the local food. I don't think we've stayed in a better hotel in the many years that we've been skiing and although we like to try different ski areas every year I have no doubt that when we are back in Canazei that we will stay there. That is if there is room, they seem to be very very busy for good reason. Thank you so much for our wonderful stay. p.s. The skiing in the area is truly fantastic, it was our first time in the Dolomites and we enjoyed the amazing views and skiing very much.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TerryColombari, Proprietario at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Guests,
we are pleased to learn that your holiday in the Dolomite Area and in our hotel was enjoyable. Even though our hotel is modest, we try to make our guests feel at home with a friendly cozy atmosphere and good food. We hope to see you again if you decide to come back to Val di FAssa and thank you so much for leaving us this great feedback!

Best regards

Terry and Ugo Rosa

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We are so happy and would love to come back. This was my third visit at Hotel Aurora and I brought friends and family with me. The service is good and I strongly recomend staying at Hotel Aurora for your skiing vacation. They where really helpful taking care of diets, since i am a vegetarian and celiaki. The skiing in Super Dolomiti Area is great for everyone. Hope you will enjoy your stay as much as we did!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We spent a week from January 4th to January 11th in Aurora Hotel in Canazei. Most of us were there for few consecutive years and that says a lot about how satisfied we were.

My impressions in general are nothing less but excellent.

What imressed me the most is the fact that this realy is a family busines. And they all work hard, from early morning to late in the evening. Their commitment is tremendeous. And it impacts the service in most positive way.

Strongly recommended and we will most likely go there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Thanks so much for hosting Team USA, staying at Hotel Aurora was the best decision we made thanks to you and your staff. The accommodations were excellent, the food was outstanding and your hospitality went above and beyond what was expected. Ugo and Terry take great pride in every aspect of your stay. Thanks for everything and I can't wait to bring my family there for vacation.

Room Tip: There was no pool, but no option to not rate a pool. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was a part of a team that stayed here for the world university games. They really made it feel like home. Terry, Ugo and all of the staff went above and beyond and I can not say enough good things about them.

The hotel was immaculate, the rooms clean and the food was excellent. They take great pride in a family run hotel and it was an all around unforgettable experience. Could not be run by nicer people.

Thank you to all at Hotel Aurora, I would love to get back some day soon!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed here for a conference hosted at the nearby satellite campus of the University of Verona and could not have been more pleased with my stay. The location is ideal for hiking or cycling in the Val Di Fassa area. The room I stayed in (3rd floor) was quite nice, with a small desk to work at, large armoire for clothes, balcony with views of the Marmolada and Sasso Piatto, and a large clean bathroom (shower only). The owners (Terri and Ugo) are incredibly helpful and knowledgable about the area - they will give you advice on any hiking trip you plan to take or suggest one you may not have thought of. Terri also speaks perfect english (and Ugo is quite capable as well). The first level of the hotel features a large gathering room, where you can get a cold beer, nice wine, or strong grappa (I suggest Ugo's own grappa flavored with local pine bark). There is also a very nice dining room on the first level. The chef is top notch and served some of the best meals of my life. They also had no issues accommodating the vegetarians in my group. Breakfasts were also quite nice with an ample selection from the buffet. There's no question I will be staying here again (hopefully during ski season).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alba di Canazei
Albergo Villa Adria
Albergo Villa Adria
#6 of 14 in Alba di Canazei
Hotel Villa Rosella Park & Wellness
Hotel Villa Rosella Park & Welln...
#7 of 14 in Alba di Canazei
Hotel Alba
Hotel Alba
#5 of 14 in Alba di Canazei
Wellness Hotel Lupo Bianco

Been to Hotel Aurora? Share your experiences!