“A great weekend escape”

Seminar- und Wellnesshotel Stoos
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoos
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed just one night in Stoos, but thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We purchased a package which included one night's accommodation (including buffet breakfast), a 4 course meal (dinner), cake and coffee and full use of the wellness area. We definitely weren't disappointed. The wellness area is small, but very well set up. It was fairly quiet so we didn't feel like sardines jammed into the sauna. The outdoor jacuzzi was nice, always a novelty when it is surrounded by snow and you're a toasty 30 degrees in the water. We stayed in a superior room, which was lovely, the balcony overlooked snow covered hills and was very quiet - you honestly couldn't hear a thing once in the room. My only complaint would be that there were no English pay tv channels, but honestly you don't really need to watch tv while you're here, there are plenty of other things to do.
The four course meal for dinner was excellent, the service was attentive and very pleasant. The food was lovely, cooked to perfection with an excellent choice of three different meals for main. I notified them in advance that I had dietary requirements and these were fulfilled like as if I had simply ordered something different from the menu, it was no hassle at all and the staff were more than happy to double check on certain things.
The buffet breakfast was delish! Again there was something special organised for me to eat which I really appreciated.
We will definitely think about coming back again and maybe next time incorporating a day of skiing as well as a day of wellness.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We were here during their off-season. This place is wonderful. The staff is very pleasant and accommodative. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The spa is wonderful. The views from Stoos are unique in all the world. When you take the funicular up from Schwyz, the hotel is about 400 meters towards the village. If you can get a promotional rate during the off season you will not be disappointed. During the ski season this place must be be fantastic!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Just stayed at this property for one night last night -- for business (lucky me!). The hotel is situated in the hills and was a really stellar experience.

The weather was gorgeous (which helps, I'm sure) so I could fully enjoy the SPECTACULAR surroundings. The food was delicious. And the spa was beautiful--I enjoyed the spa facilities, though I didn't have time for any treatments.

The seminar facilities were fine, though the rooms got quite warm (probably the price we paid for the sunny weather) and the WiFi left a LOT to be desired.

But it is hard to complain too much about those things because the moment I looked outside, it took my breath away.

The hotel is a bit of a trek to get to (the price for isolation), and I think some rooms didn't have quite the epic view I had in mine. But I certainly look forward to next year's event so I can return here!

Room Tip: Room views vary, so worth asking for a really GREAT view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Visited this hotel in July and had a great stay. I didnt make the cable car or railway the first night so i didnt make it to the hotel. This was unfortunate and i didnt know about the cable car until i was there so they should give more info on that to guests that book rooms here. Food and rooms was great. The spa area was also good but i was not that comfortable with people being nude un the spa area. This came as a surprise. The staff didnt know much English and that should be a requirement for working at a hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Beautiful views of the Alps and lake Lucerne.
Service was superb. Room had child ameneties set-up, small bed, kids bath robe, toileterie, etc.
Restaurant had kids place setting ready for him. Good kids meal selections.

Yes, not that much to do other than enjoy the view. But what a view.
Hiker's paradise, but unfortunately, not much hiking with a 4 yr old.

Room Tip: We had a room with upstairs sleeping alcove. Ideal for larger families.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel has a wonderful mountain location. You have to get to it by either a funicular railway or a cable car. The views are stunning.

I was there for a brief business trip and didn't have time to enjoy all that the mountains had to offer, but I'd like to go back sometime for some hiking. It looked like it would be a great spot.

The hotel itself was mostly pretty good. My room was comfortable enough, and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast was adequate, if not wonderful. One little oddity is that the bathroom had some very cheap looking sachets of shampoo & shower gel, and not the more luxurious toiletries you might expect in a hotel of this class. But I guess that's nitpicking.

There was free WiFi access, but it was a bit flaky. I couldn't connect in my bedroom, and even in the public areas it was a little unreliable.

The bar was very pleasant. A helpful barman and a really lovely setting to sit and enjoy a drink.

On the whole, it's a good place to stay in a really fantastic location.

Room Tip: If you want to have WiFi access, ask for a room that has it
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

A pretty typical hotel in Switzerland - somewhat basic but perfectly adequate. EVERYTHING else is wonderful! The food was exceptional - wherever the chef buys his meat from is great There are always veggie options too though!!). The staff were just outstanding with the restaurant staff being as close to perfect as you can get.

The location though is amazing. Car free and accessed by a funicular railway, prepare to be stunned by the views. I have attached some photos as proof. It was winter when I wasthere and so as you might imagine, it showed Switzerland off to it's spectacular best.

I liked it enough to take my wife there for a short break!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoos
Swiss Holiday Park
#2 of 6 in Vitznau
Seeblick Hohenhotel
Seeblick Hohenhotel
#1 of 1 in Emmetten

Been to Seminar- und Wellnesshotel Stoos? Share your experiences!