“Lovely hotel”
Review of Hotel Bad Horn

Hotel Bad Horn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horn
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Spent two nights here in Switzerland. The setting is just lovely - right on the lake. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and all were happy to speak English to us as our German is dire! The outdoor restaurant was relaxed and informal but with great food. The spa was just amazing. Our only gripe was that it was extremely hot when we were there and our room had no air con nor did it have a fan, but other than that I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Bad Horn

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I recently took some friends I was staying with to this beautiful lakeside setting. The food was good but the service was unfriendly and disappointing. For the prices charged I would have expected top class service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2013

A very well appointed Hotel with great views over the lake. A short 5 min walk from Horn train station. I stayed in one of the suites for two nights. The room and bathroom was very spacious with an additional sitting area.
Both Breakfast and dinner were excellent. Staff were courteous and very helpful. The spa, gym and pool were all very well equipped and clean, the spa was especially good.

Overall I can highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank m s
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

I have to say their spa is one of the best I have been to . Service is excellent , treatments are the best , very friendly and helpful at all times . They offer everything and more you could possibly want .
Unfortunately the room I had was very disappointing , safe wasn't working had to be fixed after asking twice . Minibar was broken and I had to bring it to their attention after 3days . Wifi was always disconnecting after about 10 min and had to log in again . When I brought it to the attention to the manager at the end of my stay , he brushed me of kindly by telling me it was my phone that had the problem and no matter where you go something can go wrong . Never apologized or even tried to say anything for me to return . Overall he had a very stuck up attitude ! The personal was friendly at all times . Having gluten intolerance the restaurant accommodated me with gluten free bread . Breakfast was good but very limited . Having known this hotel most of my life and knowing it is well known , I was very disappointed . I will not go back to stay there . Too bad it is a fabulous location !

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 334astrid
Reviewed 23 December 2012

The hotel is very nice. The view on the lake form the various restaurants is just great. The spa is very enjoyful. Everything is clean and the food in the restaurant is good. the staff is nice. however the single rooms have some very small beds. which is always a bit disapointing.

Room Tip: the suites are nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The location is simply superb on the lake and the SPA area of the hotel is really top-class. Service is friendly! Only two drawbacks: the rooms are outdated with ugly, old-fashioned design (but I hear they are due to update that in the near future) and 2nd drawback is that you can smoke in the bar of the hotel (feels a bit odd in a "healthy SPA hotel and feels a bit "1990's") ...

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The hotel is wonderfully located on the sea. We had a nice view from our balcony. The rooms are big but a bit old styled as well as the beds not in line with the price of the facility. Highlight is the wellness center, with sauna literally IN the lake.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn
Hotel Schloss Wartegg
#1 of 3 in Rorschach
Best Western Hotel Rebstock
Best Western Hotel Rebstock
#2 of 3 in Rorschacherberg

Been to Hotel Bad Horn? Share your experiences!