“Pure relaxation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rovio
NJ
“Pure relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

It was such a great, absolutely relaxing week at Park Hotel Rovio in July! It felt like a total escape from the noisy New York City! Such a blessing! The views are stunning, the magnificent mountains, Alps, on the left from the hotel reminded me of the homeland, Crimean peninsula. And everything else did feel like home! Its' a family owned hotel. Mr and Mrs. Sabino were super helpful and their daughter, Daniella, was making our stay even smoother wiht her positive atitude and willingness to do things effortless for us. And drinking local wine and having apricots and peaches byt the swimming pool was one of the highlights of the stay for me in the hotel.
WE atended a wedding there- it was the gorgeous location for the wedding in the park of the hotel!

Room Tip: the third floor, the rooms facing the lake- I think number 314 and 312- have the best views in the h...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Buchs St. Gallen, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I've ordered two standard double rooms but instead I was given two superior double rooms at the same price.

The WiFi costs 5 CHF a day but I also didn't have to pay for it :)

I expected a better breakfast, because Rovio is in the Italian part of Switzerland but I really can't complain about it, because it was really good. I also didn't have to pay for the espresso =]

I don't like soft mattresses so it was hard to get used to the bed for me.

To sum up, it was a really pleasant stay and it was the best spent 110 CHF for double room/day for a hotel in Switzerland.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Fribourg, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Not only is Park-Hotel situated high up with a great view, the staff were great! Everyone was very friendly and professional. I forgot my (sentimentally) valuable earrings in the room, and they were sent back to me withing no time! I want to thank the Park-Rovio staff for that.

As for the hotel itself, it offers a nice park and a swimming pool, which was good because I was travelling with a child. The room we had was very comfortable, only that the aircondition was not working. The breakfast was very delicious and fresh.

I would recommend this place for people who are looking for place to rest.

Zuki Dinh

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Province of Como, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed for some days at Park Hotel Rovio with my family and we enjoied place and food very much.
The position of the hotel is excellent, nice view of the Lugano Lake and a relaxing sorrounding area including a beautiful swimming pool where my children spent a lot of time. If you want to go for shopping you can reach Lugano downtown in few minutes.The staff is very kind and professional. The Restaurant offers genuine and accurate cuisine at a good price. I will surely come back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Coldstream, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed in a villa very near to the Park Hotel in Rovio and had driven by and found the location, grounds and the old charm hotel quite lovely.
Not so the food. We decided to treat ourselves to a meal on our last night and we had an hour to wait for our meal. The menu choice was poor and the buffet looked uninspiring. The other diners didn't seem to be smiling and a couple just next to our table were complaining about the buffet. The kids pizzas were very basic and really not up to takeaway pizza standard. My husband and I were unimpressed with the steaks and the vegetables were soft and mushy. We didn't even bother with a dessert. We had superior meals at local grottos. A hotel like this should really be serving up some special food or at least some palatable food.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CarolinaScot53
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

Last month I spend my holidays in Lugano. I chose the "Park-Hotel Rovio" to stay in for several days. I must say that I'm very satisfied with my choice.
When I arrived in Rovio at the "Park-Hotel Rovio" I was struck by the hotel's position: an exceptional view over lake Lugano, surrounded by natural beauty on all sides, a relaxing background in the tranquillity of a retreat in the mountains.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I was able to sleep very well.
The cuisine was of gourmet standard. The waiters are very courteous and polite.
In general, I liked the place very much.
If I come back to Lugano, I'll stay at the "Park-Hotel Rovio" again.
I would recommend the hotel to everybody who wants to get that bit more from their holidays.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

We have just returned from a tour of Europe and stayed for four nights at the Park Hotel in Rovio, which we could not fault. The staff were attentive, friendly and very helpful. The hotel's situation, above Lake Lugano is stunning and the gardens and swimming pool superb. There are not enough adjectives to describe our stay there. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced compared to other restaurants in the area. It is easy to explore the surrounding area and lakes but it is also a wonderful place to just chill out and relax in the beautiful gardens or round the pool. The only thing the hotel could do with is air conditioning as it was in the 30s while we were there but we asked for a got a fan which made life more comfortable. Other than that we'd give this hotel 10 out of 10.

Ann and Pete Allsop
Sheffield

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAA10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rovio
Hotel Campione
Melia Campione
Melia Campione
#1 of 1 in Campione d'Italia
Ibis budget Lugano Paradiso

Been to Park Hotel Rovio-Albergo del Parco? Share your experiences!