“Pleasant discovery”

Ranked #1 of 2 Banjole B&B and Inns
Rijeka
“Pleasant discovery”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

For a group of 6 persons (3 pairs) I was looking for accommodation in the area for one night. I happened to found this place on the web: And the pictures look nice. Live a little bit different. The main building is a large and crowded around her, especially at the reception. Waiting to check in takes a long time.
We were housed in a smaller building, nice and it looks newer. The beautiful apartment right in front of the pool. EXCELLENT!!!
The apartment is very nicely furnished with two bathrooms and two bedrooms and a very clean and tidy.
I've seen a lot of comments about the service, and is not my intention to justify staff but this is not a hotel but apartments. If someone wants to look for a different service hotel.

We (all 6) agreed to come on a little more time with the kids at home and we will certainly come.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank MarkoRijeka

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Second day into the "Banjole" resort and I could already pay someone who bring me back in the hot Milan. I come from Italy, where everything is expensive but when you pay for a service you're sure that is it brought to you! Here is completely different, poor service, bad apartaments (there are five of us, only 4 bedrooms and no extrabed available or even the space to set up it).

Restaurant is not very good at all, last night I had a seafood spaghetti and it was just like have a fish soup. Beer was absolutely terrible, and I'm perfectly sure that my sister coke was fill with some water too or even wasn't the
original one.

Ridiculous to have to wait for a very long time (2h +) to report the room's problem and also to have some information about the place to visit since the beach seems to not exist here (there's a little space where families pretend to go to the beach but it looks like a pier).

The only place where you could get refreshed (instead the children-full-pool) is full of jellyfish wich is not very good!

No good animation for children, no nightlife, apart of the center and you absolutely need a car to kill time. Not a place for young people!

The most ridiculous thing after all is that in 2013 you still have to pay to use the wi-fi connection wich cost €14 for 7 days. The signal is very low in the reception area, abstent in the apartments. Every time you want to login you have to fill username and password wich is annoying since both username and password are composed of several numbers and letters.

I think that's the worst place I've ever been and I'm obviously not going come back!

Can't wait to go back home.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Matt94uk

Travellers are raving about these Banjole hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2013

original one.

Can't wait to go back home.

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is in a great location (5-10 minute drive from the Pula Ampitheater). The pool overlooks the sea and is nice and warm. The rooms are decent and clean. There is an entertainment team for those with children. Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank T P
pula
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was with a group and stayed for a week. We had several problems and the rooms was the worst and the biggest. For the role I played in this group it is not my job to go through all the details. However I must say that though the reception was telling us all the time the hotel is fully booked (for we can not change our rooms) the entire week hotel felt rather empty. (this is a big hotel. If it was really full, we would know it.) we were the only ones in the bar and in the restaurant in the evening, for example. The first night in the hotel we've spent on the reception desk arguing about the rooms and I had a strong feeling the receptionists were not aloud to do anything without consulting the boss and it is something I have never seen before
(so than where was this boss when they needed him?!). I don't blame the girls on the reception. it is the poorest management I've ever seen. And it is a terrible thing that no one ever apologized to us, apart from the room maid. (and it had really nothing to do with her anyway, but she is the only person thats doing her job properly in this hotel!!)
We are thankful to the restaurant that the hotel is using (it is the one located on the ground floor, outside the hotel) because they did their best to cheer us up a bit. And it is the only good thing that happened to us there. Then again, restaurant has nothing to do with the hotel as it is privately owned place that simply cooperates with the hotel. And I'm sorry. But I'll keep my fingers crossed so I never get back to Del Mar.

Room Tip: good luck with that.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank tangra_pu
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed in a apartment this hotel on June 10 and find that there is alsolutely no electricity in the room. Actually we phoned the hotel at 9 p.m. that evening just to inform them of our late check-in around mid-night. The receptioin did not mention to us even she knew there will be a cut in the electricity that night. When we checked in to know such fact, we have no other choice but to stay in that hotel. The staff told us that it was due to some maintenance tasks of their own hotel. We asked for torches or candles but the staff could not help with quite unkeen altitude. We did our cleaning in dark and slept.

The next morning, we went to the front counter to lodge a complaint and request for compansation. After some negotiation, the humble lady assistant manager understood the problem and agreed to waive the full room charge. When we are going to leave, she went back to take a phone call and told us that the Manager was very angry and demand us to pay the full room charge. Thus we requested to talk to the Manager directly.

We were told to wait to 3 minutes but the Manager did not until 15 minutes later. It was then the most terrible matters happened. The rude middle aged female Manger told us that as we had slept that night and use their water and sheets, we have to pay full room charge. She even lied to us that they did not know about the electricity cut before we arrive, and that the electricity cut was not caused by the hotel. In a very unpolite manner, she demand us to pay the full room charge or else they would call the police. As we do not want to lose our time for the rest of our journey, we just paid and left the hell.

The hotel was absolutely not up to the international standard in the following areas:
1. The hoel should not offer rooms to customers should there be any maintenace which will cause electricity cut.
2. The hotel should actively inform the customers, by email or phone, as soon as possible when they know there is an electricity cut, so that customers can make alternative plan.
3. The hotel staff is not keen enough to help when the problem happened.
4. The hotel refused to provide their compansation which is already offered by their staff.
5. The unwillingness of the Manager to accept their own fault, and be responsible to it.
6. The rudeness and uncivil altitude of the Manager with alsolutely no room to negotiable (just threat to call police).
7. The obvious and unwise lies made up by the Manager to fool the customers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank clemmie_tony
Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We found an amazing deal on booking.com for this apart hotel and we were pleasantly surprised at how great this place was. This place has everything with the beach, pool, playground, restaurants, market, gelato/coffee bar, ATM, boat and bike rentals and pretty much anything else you could think of or need. We had a few minor annoyances like the checkout procedure which includes stripping the bed linens and having room service coming to check your room and taking out all of your own trash but otherwise we really enjoyed our stay here. There wasn't a lack of things to do and everything was actually reasonably priced in the markets and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone but its especially wonderful with children and probably our children's favorite vacation so far!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banjole
Splendid Golden Rocks Resort
#9 of 31 in Pula
Hotel Valsabbion
Hotel Valsabbion
#5 of 31 in Pula

Been to Aparthotel del Mar? Share your experiences!