“Great hotel if 'all inclusive' is your thing. Shame about the manager.”
Review of Aldiana Cyprus

and 1 more site!
Aldiana Cyprus
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alaminos
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I'm not a big fan of all inclusive as I prefer to just wonder out and explore the area im staying in. As a local, I didn't really mind but personally, when staying in a foreign country, would never opt to stay at an all inclusive. Despite this we nonetheless decided to give it a go for 1 one as we managed to get a good price. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised although I don't think I would not have enjoyed it as much if I stayed any longer. Unless you have a car, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing around in walking distance.

The only big downside that left me no choice but to give the hotel an average rating was the extremely rude, arrogant, patronizing and unhelpful manager at the front desk. The hotel should get rid of this guy as he gives the hotel a bad name. I have never seen a hotel manager with a worst attitude than this guy. I only wish that I took his name to make an official complaint. I will explain below.

We arrived at the hotel in the afternoon (around 6pm) after leaving the office. At the reception desk we were greeted by a rather patronizing manager giving us the whole "you must to this and you must not do that" talk. I found this extremely odd as we had done nor said anything to "provoke" such a reaction. (I'm 33 so its not as if im a rowdy teenager). I just felt like I was an high school being lectured by my teacher. My only reaction was to look at this guy completely bemused determined not to let this minor issue spoil my stay.

Unfortunately, this was only the start with of our bad experience with this guy. As we arrived late at the hotel, we asked whether we could have a late check out the next day. The manager quickly replied saying that we will have to pay extra for late check out. My response was that I never asked if I had to pay extra, I only asked if we had the option for late check out. Paying extra was not at all a problem for me. The manager then suggested that we leave it there for now and asked that we speak with reception in the morning after breakfast. We agreed and left it there.

After breakfast the next morning, we went up to the reception to sort the late check thing out. The manager was not there but we spoke to a very nice young German lady at reception. We asked about late check out and she immediately said this was not a problem and that this would be at no extra charge. It is worth noting that we did not ask anything about the charge and just assumed that the hotel decided not to charge us extra. We thanked her and left.

At the time of check out, we went to reception and did the necessary with a different lady to the one mentioned. Whilst we started the "check out process" I could see the manager at the other end of reception speaking to another couple. I noticed him constantly looking towards us. As soon as he finished talking to the other customer, be leaped towards us. As soon as he came over he literally grabbed the invoice from the lady, said to us that he wanted to have a look at it before we paid anything. At this point he went off and came back with a different invoice where I noticed that we were charged for the late check out. I found this strange (a) because we were previously told that the late check out would be at no extra charge and (b) the manager said nothing to us at this stage merely changed the invoice and handed it to me for payment. When I saw the charge on the invoice I asked for an explanation and his only reply was that he told us yesterday that it would cost extra. I tried to explain to him that we came up after breakfast (as he has asked) and where told by the lady at the time that we would not be charged extra. At this point he asked me who the lady's name was and mentioned at that she would have this amount deducted from her wages if we did not pay as she was not supposed to tell us that we would not be charged! Punish the girl because she was nice and did a good job and blackmail your guests. Excellent hotel managerial skills! Well let's just say that I had a few words with him at this stage. I paid the extra charge and left on a very sour note. By far the worst hotel manager I have ever met with the worst attitude in the world. This is a real shame considering that all the other staff were superb in every single way. Always with a smile on their faces, polite and always willing to help us in every way possible. Excellent staff - primate manager.

Despite the above and on the plus side :

The rooms were very comfortable but nothing special I would say. The setting of the rooms in similar to little detached villas spread around an area of greenery with very close proximity to the sea. All in all, the location is very good and the rooms are more than comfortable and very clean.

The main pool area is excellent. Big pool with very clean water with an attached café/bar area.

The beach bar is superb and very relaxing and romantic for a late night drink. The hotel also has an exclusive beach.

The spa/gym/indoor pool area is also superb and really worth a visit. Massive area that stands separate to the hotel (within the hotel grounds) with 4 saunas, Jacuzzi, steam rooms, indoor pool and a good sized gym with modern equipment.

One of the highlights for me was the buffet at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Unbelievably excellent food! Some of the best I've ever had at a hotel. There is so much to chose from that you are really spoilt.

All in all (despite the manager) a very good and relaxing stay. Would recommend this to anyone who like all inclusive deals or just looking for a short care free getaway.

11  Thank Bobbeyv
There are newer reviews for Aldiana Cyprus

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My first all inclusive hotel in the Mediterranean... superb in every way... secluded and simply beautiful. Villa-type rooms and hotel rooms.
It is 25mins from the airport and between 30-40mins from all major towns.

Great Views, massive buffets, local drinks and imported vodkas are free.
Excellent team, and loads of entertainment from beach parties on wednesdays to nightly disco party with intoxicated hotel guests :)

We held a conference with 80pax. Excellent covered amphi-theatre with all audiovisual requirements.

Room Tip: Its a large complex so try to get the 4000 series-rooms as those are closer to the water with serene...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank karlhaddad78
Reviewed 2 September 2013

excellent hotel,professional staff,best food and service,value money.Great selection of food daily different.Rooms clean and large. Recommended for families.Great animation for children.relaxing time for a weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nikos a
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have been there with my family nearly every year for a weekend. A beautiful hotel on the beach of Alaminos out in the country side , away from busy towns. A lovely place to relax with your family. Excellent black & white nights and an amazing buffet every time.

Room Tip: Suites near the beach are amazing
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed only for one day but it was so relaxing. The food was excellent both quality and choice. The room was very comfortable and spacious with a wonderful view. The one thing that I noticed was the towels were meant to be white but were grey and dingy and the other thing was NO INTERNET in the room not even an option if you wanted to pay.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view it is worth it.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was our third visit to the Aldiana Hotel, we were lucky to experience the Gala dinner on Sunday with Black & white theme, there was also a firework display after dinner, great private beach & very helpful & friendly staff. Theater show every night & then of to the nightclub on premises. This is a German hotel so most things are written in German.

1  Thank deesoto
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Loved everything about this hotel - location, facilities, entertainment, food and service. It was my second experience of an "all inclusive" type and it set the bar really high, especially for the hotels in Cyprus. What a brilliant hideaway with the food that caters for every taste. I would suggest that the reception greeting on arrival is a little more welcoming (a smile is going a long way) and a bit more informative about how to get to the room and what is included in the package. I would like to thank the management of the hotel for making our experience with Aldiana very pleasant and I will certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who will be coming to Cyprus.

If you like seeing places when on holiday, definitely rent a car as this place is quite secluded.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alaminos
E Hotel Spa and Resort
St Raphael Resort
#11 of 56 in Limassol
Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
Mediterranean Beach Hotel

Been to Aldiana Cyprus? Share your experiences!