“Wonderful holiday”
Review of The Salutation Inn

The Salutation Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Crymych B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Have just returned from a lovely stay at the Salutation Inn. John and Gwawr were wonderful hosts, and their knowledge of the area was invaluable. They were able to suggest many places of interest which we might otherwise have missed. The rooms at the inn are of a good size , very clean, and well equiped. The food is superb - both the breakfasts and the evening meals - with lots of choice, and very reasonably priced. All of the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
We were there for a week and only wish it could have been longer. Our thanks go again to John, Gwawr, and all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirstenm

Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here for 5 days.Our twin room was clean,comfortable and well equipped.Food was excellent - good helpings. The owners and staff could not have been more helpful and attentive,and it was obviously genuine not part of a corporate script.
The setting is a bit off the beaten track,but for us it was so much better than the more popular parts of Pembrokeshire.A real gem.

Room Tip: Rooms 1,2&3 are the most private
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Great location, Good food. Friendly and helpful. Enjoyed our stay. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were made to feel very welcome by Mr and Mrs Denley. Our room, although a little dated, was an adequate size, comfortable and clean and very quiet at night considering it is next to a main road. The food was excellent and served in either the cosy pub lounge or the very modern restaurant which has views to the river at the bottom of the garden. It was ideally situated for our trips to Dinas Head, Strumble Head and Fishguard to walk the coastal path. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

A quaint little place with welcoming owners and the food was excellent - the portions were huge and so tasty.

The room was a good size although the bathroom was a little dated although prefectly functional. Another comment would be that I would have preferred curtains on the window as I felt the blinds didn't offer enough privacy but that is a personal thing - my Fiancé was quite happy.

Breakfast was the best we had on all of our travels through Wales.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My tip of the day - don't waste your time trying to book with these highly unprofessional so called hotel.

I emailed them twice to make a 2 night stay booking - no reply!

I called them - some guy picks up mutters something and then hangs up!

On a different day I called them again - again a rude man says 'call back later' and immediately hangs up with no chance of saying a word.

I call them a third time I finally get through to someone who doesn't sound particularly interested when I tell them what problems I have had trying to make a booking - he then infuriates me even more by telling me to CALL BACK LATER as he is busy with serving lunch!!! he then proceeds to hang up when I voice my protests.

Surely this isn't great customer service! They have lost my custom and I will spread!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sabz8888
JohnDenley, Owner at The Salutation Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

I am very upset about the review written and much of what is said is well justified and before I say anything further I wish to offer my sincerest apologies. I have gone through all of my emails including the spam folder and am unable to find any inquiry that I have not responded too, it would appear those emails have gone astray.

The business I run with my wife is just a small family run operation, unfortunately on the day of the phone calls we were in the middle of serving up hot meals to a luncheon party, and for a short while neither myself not my wife were able to pick up the phone.

Unfortunately one of my locals in the bar picked up the phone and uttered something to the caller and put the receiver down. I was horrified as I would have preferred to let the phone ring in the hope the caller would call back.

The phone rang again a couple of times almost immediately and myself and my wife wrestled with the phone whilst we were very busy in the hope of retrieving the situation. However it would now appear that we made the situation even worse.

It will be noted that from our previous reviews that this is totally out of keeping with the rest we have received and I would really like the opportunity of putting the record straight and once again offering my sincre apology.

Kindest regards
John Denley

Reviewed 5 November 2010

I have stopped here a few times now and honestly have no complaints at all about this hotel. The food is very nice and not overly expensive.

The rooms are nice enough, with decent furniture, flat screen tv's and FreeSat tv service, so loads of channels (and you can also pick up your local (home) tv channel). The bathrooms are slightly dated but there is nothing wrong with them, and there are plenty of towels etc.

I don't mind stopping in places like this at all. They have obviously made an effort with the rooms etc and it shows. A pleasant place to stay.

Breakfast - I ate my breakfast in the conservatory next to the river, with some lovely music playing. I had cereal and then scrambled eggs and bacon - all very well cooked and of the highest quality, and loads of it as well. It was, without doubt, one of the most relaxing breakfasts I have ever eaten.

I took advantage of the packed lunch service offered by the hotel. For about five quid I got two bread cakes (1 cheese and 1 ham), a jam scone, a banana, a packet of crisps and a bottle of water. It was really nice and total value for money.

Overall there is very little to moan about here, the owners were friendly and polite, the food good and the room nice and comfy. What more can you ask for???

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank davep8080
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crymych
Gellifawr Woodland Retreat
#1 of 2 in Pembroke Dock
Trewern Arms Hotel
Trewern Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Nevern

Been to The Salutation Inn? Share your experiences!