Caravela Beach Resort
US$138
US$95
US$77
  • Pool
Regenta Resort Varca Beach(Varca)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$56
US$45
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,376 results
All reviewsgolf courseramada caravelaramada goabeach resortnew wingisland barswimming pooldeluxe roomf bspecial thanksduty managerbeautiful propertylunch and dinnernice poollive musicspecial mentiontravel desk
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was with my friends and did a lot of survey of hotels/resort which will fit to all our requirements like private beach, nice pool, good rooms, great service, nice food etc etc. And to be honest in lot of departments this Beach resort is bang on. What a location, stone throw away distance from beach which is nice, clean and very private no much of crowd. Couple of Sacks too (but predominately catering to the Russian tourist and guest).
Now I tend to tick all the boxes for a self claim 5 star category Resort but there are few areas where the Hotel need to work on. First of the service quality be it be room service or house keeping or serving at your table in the Coffee House, the stewards need to be prompt, warm and smiling which we felt was lacking during our stay.
As part of the Casino Package we were told that during your time at casino while playing the we would be served free unlimited Drinks and served snacks. But to our surprise after the second drink the steward very rudely told there will be no drinks after this. Then about the Snacks all the staff of the Casino collectively told there is NO SNACKS served. So be happy with it.
We also tried going to the Discotheque at night which is called "Saturday's", to everyone surprise both the time we saw the security having a nap amidst the loud music, which was quite intriguing how can anyone sleep with such a loud music ON until unless had been doing this for months or year.
Otherwise Ramada has a fabulous and fantastic property great Location, well kept.

Please please improve on the service parts...will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Please if you are paying extra for the sea facing then don't compromise by staying in the Ground Floor. First Floor or take any room without paying the premium for Sea facing.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
RCBRGeneralManager, General Manager at Caravela Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear sabyasachi1210
Thank you for your feedback. I will check on your experience at the Casino concerning the cessation of Food and Beverage service. I will also take up the matter of speedier service. Best regards

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We traveled as Couple in Oct 2009 and got a fantastic deal for the same.

The Hotel property is grand... Grand Lobby... Big Pool... In House Golf Course... Huge Garden / Outdoors... Private Beach (Minimal intrusion by public)... Decent Sized Rooms... but

Service is slow... like Goan life
Food... decent but nothing extraordinary...
Cleanliness / Housekeeping... Okay / Not up to the Standards of a 5 Star Property.

As it is situated in South Goa, it is Far from all points (Station, Airport, Central Goa, Goan Life, etc)

Decent place if you are on a holiday to relax on a beach and not worry too much about food.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
RCBRGeneralManager, General Manager at Caravela Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear czar_amol
Thank you for your feedback on the average quality of Food and Housekeeping. This has been noted and I will speak to the Chef and the House Keeper to focus on the same. We look forward to seeing you at the Resort on your next trip to Goa.
Best regards.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed there from 31st Mar-5th Apr 2014 with my wife, 2 kids, 1 infant, my mom and my nephew (=friend). We took two rooms through TUI, checking took some time because TUI did not inform additional guest as my mom but Mr. Amit at reception helped us very well and took to our room. Rooms size, cleanliness was as per the standards of any 5*.

So, first thing here, if you are travelling with old person or with an infant (like in stroller or cuddling the baby) ask for lower ground floor room (pool level) because there is no elevator there.

Now, come to the breakfast/food, buffet breakfast was good all the days including South Indian dishes but my nephew noticed that omelette chef made a pork sausage omelette in the same pan in which he was making normal omelette, I don't know if anyone has anything to do with this or not but this matters to us so we avoided eating omelettes. But isn't that policy of a 5* to use different pans / utensils for different items?? I could see some lack of personal attention of the staff to help us out getting water/tea/utensils. May be they have more focus on foreigners!!!! Ms. Joshita, dine in-charge was very co-operative and nice girl.

I'm surprised to read other reviews because I hardly found indian veg dishes on the menu except Dal Tadka, Dal Makhani and lots of Paneer dishes and that's it though there were good numbers of Indians guests. My mother is pure vegetarian and she had a bad time, though we enjoyed several sea food dishes at the hotel and hotel's beach shack.

We decided to take a cab from the hotel and visit old goa, I talked to concierge and found Mr. Suvendra was very cold and busy all the time on phone or looking at computer. When I requested a cab he asked my room no. and checked that there is no package included!!! so what man? Am I taking that for free??? Anyway, he agreed to provide one, I insisted for hotel cab only for which he promised but it turned out to be outside taxi to which I paid in cash upon return. The taxi stand is just on the entrance of the hotel.

For activities, hotel has 7 to 7 timing like swimming pool, beach sun loungers, beach towel facility etc. I reached at hotel's cycle stand for hire around 6:45 AM but I was informed that I had to wait for 15 mins, what the hell..... It's 6:45 in the morning, sun has already come out and you are telling me to wait!!!!!! Finally I got my cycling 5 mins prior to 7. Thanks....

Apart from all these, we all enjoyed there very well, the swimming pool, beach surpassed other hotel lil's this and that. Swimming pool was good and clean, I took inflatable water essentials for my kids (hotel has a book shop where they sell those items but at 2-3 times of normal cost) when we are free from pool go to beach, hotel has private, clean beach and that's the major plus point and that why I chose this property.

Hotel is far from panjim or goa airport and it takes about 45-60 mins to reach there by taxi. Location is very peaceful and only for those who don't want to go out each day, just stay at the hotel's pool or at the beach.

No doubt property is so good but next year I would go to Zuri White sands (I was planning but until I made the booking, hotel was sold out). This coastal strip of South Goa or say Central Goa has so many exactly same locations like Taj Exotica, Zuri White Sand, Holiday Inn, Leela are the few.

In last, I would like to say to the hotel to include some more indian Vegetarian dishes, keep separate utensils for different items, pay little more attention to the guests who are not coming to you (but they would be glad if shown some attention) specially with the old person and with kids/infants.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ansdanish

Dear ansdanish
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Rest assured I will look into the Omelette making process and discuss the variety of vegetarian food with the Chef. Suvendu will be spoken to. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next trip to Goa. Best regards.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very big property with its own private beach... However located in a little secluded part of the town... Good for people who are looking for peace and calm stay with a clean beach.. Food was good and there were couple of shacks on the beach...Rooms are big and decent and the staff is friendly..Has multiple conferences halls with all required facilities..

I find it a good place for both holidaymakers and official programs..

Room Tip: Choice of rooms on the first floor, garden,pool side..
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RCBRGeneralManager, General Manager at Caravela Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear stormcatcher83
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us here.I look forward to welcome you back again. Best regards

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed in this resort for two days in Mar 14 . First things first, the hotel is quite old and well past its prime. The aged feeling is very evident and even the refurbished rooms are not able to hide it.

The property is modelled on Portuguese architecture and looks quite grand. The main lobby is majestic is probably the best feature of the hotel. The front desk staff is quite nice and professional so check in is very prompt.

Rooms are not very spacious but comfortable. The soundproofing is not very good so ambient noise does disturb you.

Housekeeping is responsive and so is the room service.

The worst part of the hotel is its F&B. The staff at restaurant is quite indifferent and passive at best. The food is atrocious and the worst part is the staff is not willing to do anything about it except formulating excuses. The bar tenders do not know how to prepare drinks and goof up even on common cocktails.

The pool is just about okay. The recliners are very less in numbers so if you are late for the pool you may end up without any place to keep your stuff( and staff will do absolutely nothing to acoomodate you)

The beach is good and not much crowded. The hotel offers bicycles on rent for guestd.Sunset bar is a good place to spend your evenings. Even the live preformance in the dining area in the evening is also decent.

Overall, this resort does not measure up to the ratings(75%) it is given on TA. You can book other resorts for similar or slightly more rates and get much better experience.

Definiletly not worth the price that you pay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank manikbatalvi

Dear manikbatalvi
Thank you for your feedback. The feedback on the Food and service at the Restaurant and Bars will be taken up strongly and discussed with the Chef, the Food and Beverage Manager and the Training Manager. I will convey your appreciation to The Front Desk, House Keeping and Room Service. Best regards