Check in : 01st June 2014
Check Out : 05th June 2014
Room No: 241
Vacation Type : Family
To begin with, i was skeptical about what other co-travellers had written. Normally when we talk about a 5 star resort, we imagine a surreal and serene place of relaxation and well being. My stay in ramada was with ups and downs.
Reception: the ladies are really hard working, but they can still be warm,a smile makes a very big difference
Formalities : check in & check out was very prompt
Room : Very beautiful room, with pool view , a decent balcony to sit out( though we were informed, we are not supposed to open the balcony door)
Bathroom : Big & spacious, some rework required.
Staff: Again the same thing, they dont look enthusiastic, its like yes we are here thats why we are working. I noticed this in the restaurant as well(discussed later)
Pool : it was nice, but there was sand inside the pool and after bringing it in the notice, i was told we cant do much about it.But kudos to the pool attendants who chat and try to take the stress away. Pool towards the left corner is 6 feet deep and trust me it is DEEP. Properly marked areas good to go.
Lawns: Very beautiful lawns.
Restaurant : Buffet breakfast is served outside, so we have flies and also dogs coming inside the eating area. I saw this twice, once inside the eating area and second time, a dog was licking plates outside a villa.Not appreciated
Staff: Staff in restaurant was very disinterested, no smile, no warmth. U go and sit, then one has to ask for water, and other things. And then to be told, we are busy, really not good. Restaurants are meant to be busy, this cant be used as an escape. And secondly its your duty to make the customer feel comfortable. No one is seen happy, you ask for something, it will come when they want to get it.
Live counter for omlette, is open from the top, which means people walking towards the restaurant will be greeted by the smell of omlette being cooked. A chimney inside a small covered area would keep the area fresh.It was good to see Jain counters as well. Over all it is a very good place, but just the management needs to be more keen in handling their staff.
Full Marks to Room Service, they were up and running, greeting with a warm hello, giving ideas for food. Helpful in whatever way they can. Menu has only 4 vegetarian dishes which should be looked into. As there is nothing around the resort, it is difficult to manage in just 4 dishes.
So all in all good trip. and a must visit, few flaws which can be corrected easily. I would request the management to look into these things, as it has been pointed out by many guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goa’s first international beach resorts, The Caravela Beach Resort is located in South Goa on the serene, pristine white sands of Varca Beach overlooking the beautiful Arabian Sea. This luxurious 5-star deluxe resort sprawls across 24 acres of lush green landscape and offers 199 rooms - each with its own balcony overlooking either the ocean or manicured gardens and the swimming pool. The Suites and Villas are airy and lavish, and radiate a contemporary, elegant decor. The Presidential Villa is an exercise in extravagance, splendor and grandeur. It features a stunning space with a grand living room, two bedrooms and a private balcony overlooking the ocean, while the master bedroom features an outdoor rain shower and Jacuzzi. One can discern a strong presence of the old Goan architecture with Portuguese influences in the large open Atrium lobby, with its high arches and beams. The wide range of indoor, outdoor and beachfront restaurants and bars entice the guests with their distinctive culinary delicacies and exotic cocktails. The hotel has one of Goa’s largest free-form swimming pools, direct access to the soft white sand beach, its own 9 hole Par 3 golf course, an Ayurveda spa, a scenic jogging track and ocean front beach lawns, all of which make The Caravela Beach Resort a perfect destination for families and couples, and those seeking relaxation amidst the perfect Goan surroundings. With Goa’s ever-increasing popularity as a fun destination, conference and wedding venue, the resort promises to create some unique and memorable experiences. The poolside facing the inviting lush green lawns overlooking the scenic white sand beach and the elegant pillar-less banquet rooms offer an unmatched choice of locations. Besides, the flawless service and delectable cuisine at The Caravela Beach creates those perfect magical moments for a dream destination in Goa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caravela Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Caravela Beach Hotel Varca
- Ramada Salcette
- Salcette Ramada
- Ramada Caravela Beach Resort
- Caravela Beach Resort Goa/Varca