My wife and two boys aged 7 and 2 have just returned from 8 wonderful nights at the Indra Maya Villas. Although not cheap we were prepared to pay a premium to have the luxury of our own private swimming pool so that our 2 year old son could have an afternoon sleep and our holiday was not interrupted. Although the pool (infinity pool) is right outside the villa, safety (for the 2 year old) was not an issue. The location was perfect - overlooking a beach (although no swimming allowed) and a couple of small islands. The small courtyard with the fountain is an interesting feature.
There is no bath tub. However, there is an outside sunken bath which the boys loved. Unfortunately there wasn't enough hot water to fill it competely for the adults.
The electric buggy was extremely useful as it was hot and humid and made the holiday that bit more interesting, especially for the kids. We travelled around the resort quite a lot (e.g the main pool at the Nirwana Resort which is fantastic, and the Mana Mana bech for watersports and the various restaurants).
The resort is child friendly; the staff were very friendly and helpful - it made a nice change.
We didn't have any real complaints - the television had poor reception (not a big issue, no washing machine, Hi-Fi or DVD player (VCD player only which isn't helpful if you live in England). Fortunately we had an i-pod with speakers.
Our overall impression was extremely positive and would certainly recommend the Indra Maya Villas to families and those looking for something special. Our only regret is that we live so far away, otherwise we would love to stay there more often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comprising of 14 exclusive and beautiful pool villas, Indra Maya Pool Villas is exemplary of its name - exuding dream-like quality and extravagant beauty. Facing the South China Sea and overlooking the north-western coast of Bintan, the dazzling views are yours to relish in the luxurious comforts of your opulent suite or courtyard. Each villa is an exquisite fusion of exotic Indonesian, Thai and Chinese architectural elements. Step into the living room and the stunning view of the ocean will take your breath away. Elegantly furnished, each villa boasts of private pool, spacious living area and courtyard. *Indra Maya Pool Villa guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Villas Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas Bintan Island, Riau Islands