Started off the weekend in Bintan at Nirwana which was good (pretty standard vacation resort) but then me and my group of 6 friends decided to head over to Bintan Lagoon Resort for lunch one day. Upon arriving, we were baffled by the extend of hospitality we received even though we were not guests! From there on out it just got better and better. Over lunch we met the manager (Marco) who I believe was the main person running the show at the resort. He convinced us to come back that night to check out Bintans only nigthclub silk. First we thought it was all a gimmick to get us back but as it turns out he sent a hotel car to pick us up and he had a table ready for us at silk when we got back! there was no hassle of minimum spend or anything like it and he even arranged for a cake for my mates birthday. What a guy!
Since we had two days left we decided to check out of Nirwana early (which they let us - nice of them) and then check into Bintan Lagoon Resort. Turns out this new manager friend of ours (Marco) had recently joined the resort group and had turned their service completely around. Every last staff member was well informed of activities etc of the resort and extremely polite and helpful. When I forgot where I left my buggy (we were in the villa) they went out of their way to roam the massive parameter of the resort to find it. It had a busted wheel and I was getting ready to pay a fine when they said sorry for the inconvenience we will get you another buggy right away!
Do yourself a favor and spend your trip to Bintan with these guys. I have been to Bintan maybe 7-8 times and this is the first time I stayed here. Kudos to these guys, I give them a 99/100. Will definitely come back!
p.s. if you are hungover do yourself a favor and get a juicy hamburger from Rice. The view and that perfectly cooked burger has to be the ultimate hangover cure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands