My Husband and I stayed at Bintan Lagoo Resort from April 23, 2014 to May 1, 2014.
I have given this resort a rating of "Very Good" due to our over all experience, the cleanliness of the beach and the pools, the quality of food and the amazing service we got from the staff, especially the staff at the main pool bar.
However, if I was to rate the rooms and amenities I would give it more of a Poor-Average. The rooms are fairly old. I had stayed here previously in 2010 and I found that in the last 4 years the rooms have really fallen into disrepair. The furniture, paint and floors are in need of upgrade. The odd thing we found was that our bathroom didn't have a real "door", more like a sliding wooden blind through which you could peer into the bathroom clearly. Nonetheless, the rooms were clean and the staff was on top of keeping them clean throughout the day.
We stayed in one of the floral suits which are the best accommodation available on the resort. Our suite was fairly large and we had a jacuzzis and a spacious private balcony that faced the ocean.
The beach itself was white sand and very clean, a couple of times we got coconuts picked from the palm trees. You have to get to the beach early to get a good spot, but as we were there from Canada and on a 12 hour jet-lag, waking up early was definitely not a problem.
When you book your room you can add on the morning breakfast buffet to your room package or you can pay for it daily. I highly recommend that you get the breakfast buffet on your room. There is a great selection and variety of food, everything is made fresh and tastes amazing. The perfect way to start your days.
My husband and I especially enjoyed lounging pool side. The staff at the pool bar truly made our stay memorable. They did everything possible to make us comfortable. Although the pool bar has its own "bar fare" menu, once we explained that we really wanted to try the local cuisine they were happy to bring us food from the main kitchen on the resort that prepares a variety of local and pan-asian dishes.
Throughout the day we were able to access internet by hanging around the lobby. This is was a great way for us to get in touch with family at home but we didn't feel that we needed more regular internet connection. If you do love your internet, you can get an internet package from the "business centre" (above the main reception desk).
An important thing to note is that food is very EXPENSIVE on this resort and from what I hear on this whole island. Over the 8 nights that we were there we spent about $2500 CAD on food and drinks alone for just 2 people! This did not even include the breakfast buffet that we had gotten on our room!
In terms of excursions, we went on a tour of the town that included dinner at a sea-food restaurant. It was a wonderful afternoon get-away.
Overall our experience was wonderful and relaxing. Staff were kind and helpful, weather was great, and the beach was beautiful.
****One thing I would certainly warn you about is the number of Rent-a-girlfriend/boyfriend-for-a-weekend couples you come across, and I suppose too PDA is just part of that type of arrangement. From what I understand however, this is a problem you will encounter at all the resorts in Bin Tan as the Island makes for a quick getaway from Singapore where you find a lot of ex-pats. If running into these type of "couples" makes you uncomfortable then I would suggest not visiting Bin Tan at all. But at the end of the day a "live and let live" attitude is the best way to go about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands