“3.5 stars”

Bintan Lagoon Resort
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lagoi
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for two nights during a recent trip to Singapore. I had read mixed reviews regarding the resort, so I was not sure what to expect.

The beach is beautiful and clean and the grounds well maintained. The direct ferry service was very handy.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the rooms are a bit tired, however, they were clean and comfortable.

Compared to other resorts we stayed in during our travels in Asia, the food and drinks were not cheap. However, considering our room rate was $150AUD per night, our overall stay was quite reasonable. Compared to what you can expect to pay in Australia, food and beverage prices are pretty average ($12-15AUD for a cocktail). We ate at both Rice and the buffet style Kopi cafe. We thought the value and the food were better at the buffet.

Tips: we had to pay for an Indonesian holiday Visa upon arrival. Luckily we had just enough SD$ to cover as there were no EFTPOS facilities.

Overall: this resort would be a great place to vacation with a family. As a young couple, we had a relaxing time but glad we only stayed the two nights.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess2021
Mozaic H, General Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear jess2021,

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your 2 days stay, we have noted your comments, and thank you for your comments on the beach, and cleanliness of the property.

I will pass on your comments to my operations team as they work hard on the cleanliness issues.

The property is currently undergoing soft refurbishment of our public areas and rooms and thank you for your comments as we constantly strive for improvement in the hotel.

We do look forward to your return visit to Bintan and thank you for your comments which are most helpful.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Currently staying here over the long weekend & writing a review while still here.

Positive
Nice location
Well maintained grounds & gardens

Negative
Pay for wifi as part of package. Yet wifi does not work most of the time in room which they admit. Constantly need to re-enter password details which are printed out on a piece of paper. Very inconvenient.

Go to bar & Bintang the national Indonesia beer has run out. "When will you have it?" "I have no idea sir"

Charged SGD1 for a glass of ice water when spending SGD130 for drinks & simple dinner at the bar

No towel attendant & towels available at 11.30am. 45 minutes & after telling two staff we still have no towels

Just charged SGD36 for 2 cans of Asahi. There is no price list with Asahi showing the price. 45 mins we are still waiting. The most I have even been charged for a can of beer in my global travels. Ordered Asahi only after Bintan was also run out

Prices of drinks & food are exhorbitant, higher than even hotels in Singapore where I live

This is an average quality family hotel providing very poor levels of customer service & unjustifiable pricing.

Save your money and avoid the bad service and go somewhere else.

Best,

Damian

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank DamianPC

Dear Mr. Damien

Thank you for your comments, our location is very good as you pointed out, and hope that you did use our own high speed ferry direct to the resort, the resort grounds are well maintained and we are moving through the hotel public space and rooms with soft renovation in process.

I understand that Mr. Josef my Director of Food and Beverage has met you on property to discuss issues which you raised and I offer you my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced.

I am currently up dating our WI FI infra structure so that we will be able to provide consistent service of Wi Fi across the resort, currently we provide free of charge WI FI In our outlets in hotspots.

Due to issues beyond my control, there has been some interruption to some areas of the hotel for consistency of service in WI FI. I have addressed this with my operations team, who were unable to resolve your issue on first point of contact.

The unavailability of Bintan Beer was unfortunately a result of our supplier failing to deliver despite repeated follow up from our side. The lack of alternative beer has been addressed with our staff in the outlets as we do carry large stocks of alternative beverage and are currently adding additional beer lines to our selection both cans and draft . The Asahi beverage which was provided is from our Japanese Restaurant and is an imported beer.

I apologise for the challenges you experienced in the property and do hope that you will come back and visit us again in the near future, as this unfortunate set of circumstances is not normal for the resort or through my team, we will resolve these issues and address why they occurred.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my family had a wonderful stay of 2 weeks in Bintan. The moment that we arrived we've been enchanted by the beautiful location, tropical view of this resort and the long sandy beach.
It was a short ride from Singapore airport to Tanah Merah Ferry terminal where we embark on Mozaic Ferry for 1 hour to take us directly to the resort.
We stayed in Buganvil and I couldn't be more happy with our choice...with a huge leavingroom down and 4 bedrooms upstairs, beautiful garden, very clean and relaxing.
This resort has more than 300 hectares and 18 hole championship golf course, although we are not golf players we had a lot of fun driving our golf buggie along the golf court and spot the monkies.
There are 12 restaurants and we choose to have lunch at Golf Club where we could experience some local tasty dishes with all the flavors of a good food and the view of the golf court surrounded by palms, dinner at Rice restaurant which is an exclusive place by the sea.I was impressed by the service, Rice restaurant was full and food came in time, high standard service and magnificent food. Sometimes my son was eating at kids club when we were at the kids swimmingpool.
In this resort you can enjoy at all ages, my son 10 years old had great time at kids club, riding the jetsky and the ATV in the jungle. My parents felt so good there, relaxing at the sandy beach and warm clear water. My husband went fishing few times. Wi-fi internet was free at all restaurants and loby. Such an exotic getaway and we'll be there again in December.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, I am pleased your two week vacation was most enjoyable and you enjoyed all that the hotel and villas had to offer.

I will share with my team your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in December.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Bintan Laggon resort - If you are in Singapore, this is one best weekend getaway! :) A very relaxing atmosphere.. Beach was very close and super clean.. and the service was excellent! Our nine month old son loved the place and he enjoyed the whole stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Swetha V
Mozaic H, Asst. Guest Relation Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Swetha V ,

Greetings from Bintan Lagoon Resort !

Thank you for taking the time to give us a comments. we are pleased that you had a great time during your stay with us and Your comments have been shared with our team

we look forward to seeing you again next visit.

Regards,

Lenny
Asst. Guest Relation Manager.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were a family of 6 , with 2 toddlers and 2 elderly folk.Really ridiculous "room service" prices for local bintanl standard food. SGD20 for a plate of Fried Rice ? If you are going to charge Singapore prices , please provide us with "Singapore standard" food. There were very little ingredients and lacking in portion size and flavor. Anyone travelling to this place , please be forewarned. Sooner or later , the word WILL get around and you will expectedly lose business because of this. Oh and another thing ....all your eating outlets charge a whopping SGD 2.50 for a pathetic bottle of local mineral water. Don't expect complimentary water people. Horrible experience. Our food bill for the 6 of us totaled a whopping SGD 700 over 4 days and 3 nights. We really don't mind paying if the quality for there. Sadly below par. However , I must say that the staff , which our hearts go out to were really polite and kind. And the cleanliness of the rooms were good. Beware of getting bites from baby crabs at the beach whilst swimming.

Room Tip: You have to choose a Deluxe Plus room. It's what's know as an upgraded room with all the fri...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kaptain_Karma
Mozaic H, General Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that my team provided excellent service for your stay and that the room and resort cleanliness were to your expectations, I shall pass on your comments to my team, who provide Indonesian hospitality and thank you for your appreciation of their service.

I was concerned re the comments on food and beverage as we have just launched our Indian and Indonesian meals in Haskell's café located over looking the golf course, a truly spectacular view day or night.

Here meals are available from 10 SGG and we do provide complimentary bottled water in all guest rooms, in the outlets we have a selection of mineral water from local to bottled Evian and Perrier and I have noted your comments with our Food and Beverage team.

Thank you for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me before visiting us in the future and I hope you would be able to return to see the changes we are making.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I never knew that a place like Bintan exists. The beach is extraordinary, the surroundings are so wild and peaceful. After a week, you feel like you completely recharged your batery.
The food was great, specially the local touch.

• Stayed: July 2014
Mozaic H, General Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay, my team and I are pleased that you found Paradise and a great place to enjoy your holiday.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed in this resort with my colleagues for 1 night. When we checked in on Aug 1 they charged 6mn IDR to my credit card as deposit. We were leaving the next day and our total expense (lunch & dinner which was charged to room) was 9mn IDR. They said they would reverse the deposit and charged the entire 9mn to my card again. We specifically enquired if the 6mn is reversed and they said yes.
Fortunately I checked my credit card bill after 4 days and shocked to see that the amount is not reversed. 4 days and they could not figure out they have double charged a guest while reconciling their accounts?

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pinaki B

Thank you for your comments, I have discussed with my finance team and front office and the credit card authorisation which was taken for your stay, upon check out, the sale completion was not completed correctly and this resulted in double charge to your card.

I sincerely apologise for this mistake and assure you the card is being re credited and action taken to ensure this is not repeated.

Yours sincerely

David A. Hill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagoi
Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel
#6 of 36 in Bintan Island
The Sanchaya
The Sanchaya
#1 of 8 in Lagoi

Been to Bintan Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!