The resort is OK but it desperately needs a renovation.
Our room and bathroom were just fine but looked old and there was a high smell of humidity in the room. The worst thing of all was the food as it is very expensive and one doesn't have any other option than eating at the resort. One night we went to the Japanese restaurant and the fish was not fresh and the wine by the glass was the worse wine I ever had for SGD 18 the glass (it seemed it came from packed wine other than a bottle). Next day we had dinner at the beach restaurant. We asked for a sandwich in the menu that came with olive focaccia bread but the it was served with plain white bread with some pesto sauce. When we complained to the waiter he said it was the same. Another dish that was supposed to come with guacamole it was served without because they had ran out of it but we were not told about it until we complained. Every bill came up to over a 100 SGD for a very simple, low quality food. In Singapore you can get many better options for the same or lower price.
The best of all it's undoubtedly the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands