the experience feels like a total rip off, horrible room, super slow logistics, over charged activities and super outdated pool facilities and dirty towers.
1. Horrible room: the room looks dirty and outdated. The pillow feels dirty and the shower facilities design was so terrible that the water keep spilling out. The washroom facilities look as if they only rinsed it. We saw a couple of mattress lay around out side of some of the rooms and one of it has piss mark on it. The bed is so hard that it hurts when waking up.
2. super slow logistics: check in one person takes 10min! Imagine the ferry seat 100+ ppl and how long it takes to check in...we waited 40min at least to finally get served. I couldn't imagine why it take this long. The back end system must be super dated.
3. over charged activities: this is Singapore price with worse equipment! It is not an all in resort and almost everything you do, except for hanging out in the pool or beach, come with a hefty price tag! They price things in Singapore dollars but charge your credit card in Indonesian rupiah with the exchange rate set by them!!!
4. Pool is outdated: the pool is worse than most condo pools in Singapore! The tower looks dirty with all kinds of marks on it! With 400-500 rooms they only have two pools...and can you imagine a beach resort with no decent beach benches by the beach?
All in all this is our worse resort experience and we came back to Singapore early. Don't be fool by the direct ferry service, that leads to a terrible resort experience.
Only thing didn't disappoint was service; the crew were helpful.
Booked the resort given the trip advisor rating is high; thought people should made aware and make own informed decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands