We were at Nirwana resort hotel for Christmas this year. The service was excellent.
We were picked up from the ferry terminal and were greeted by dancers and hot ginger tea on our arrival. We were given our rooms immediately at about 11ish though check in was at 3pm.
It was pouring on Christmas eve but there was plenty to do. My son promptly joined the kids club that they had moved to the hotel lobby. For $5 a day, children can join in a range of activities from 10 am to 5 pm. On other days, kids can be left at the club house by the children's pool. There were daily visits to the mini zoo behind nirwana resort hotel, feeding the fish and turtles, face painting, puppet making, leaf painting, buggy rides, treasure hunts, team games, etc. The programme was conducted by Tina and her assistant who were able to converse in English fairly well with the children. I noticed that several security guards too were constantly around the group keeping an eye on the children when they were out on the grounds.
The pool table and pub where they were screening children's movies (Harry Potter I think) is a great place for parents to hang out while keeping an eye on the kids.
It's best to check into Nirwana resort hotel if one is traveling with children. Otherwise one would have to take the shuttle down to drop off kids and pick them up for meals. It's also easier to keep an eye on the children when they are in the same premise.
They had a great Christmas programme for the children with songs and dance at the lobby of nirwana resort hotel and Santa Claus arriving on an elephant. The kids were thrilled.
The pool is fabulous and I believe it's been described by others in this forum, so I wont go into the details. I do wish the Jacuzzi was heated though. The water was so cold on all three days. There are plenty of sea sports available ... though ours was a trip focused on our son. :-)
The resort centre is a 5 min. walk from nirwana resort hotel. It's a great place to go for meals if one is looking for food court prices and menu. Though I would highly recommend checking out the restaurants in the hotels and the food is superb! Especially at the beach hut resort and dino bistro. My son loved the turkey pizza and they made a pretty good 'nirwana illusion' at the bar of the beach hut restaurant. The buffet at the restaurants are between $35 and $40 per person +++ and children are charged half price. It's value for money.
Plenty of great buys and good quality gifts available on the 3rd floor of the resort centre. Check out the air rifle shooting ($8 for 25 shots), archery ($8 for 25 arrows) and horse riding ($15 for 3 rounds - dressed as a cowboy!) that's available at the resort centre as well. Do hire a buggy to ride around the resort at $25 per hour. It will give one an opportunity to explore all the premises ... there are plenty of picture perfect spots around the huge premise.
The service was excellent. The staff addressed us by our name. We had a view of the mini zoo. The furniture was made of teak wood. Classy!
Oh and, whatever you do, just bring Singapore dollars. When they charged the card it was in ruppiah and the rates were not good. The prices were always higher when using US currency and Indonesian currency for some reason. Everything is priced at Singapore dollars anyway, there is no need for any other currency.
It's an excellent hotel. We did not find it crowded as others have commented. However, we were told that Fri - Sun were usually full house as there were plenty of beach parties and concerts organized by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 241 guestrooms including 29 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, ACCOR, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island, Riau Islands