it was my third time visiting the place and so far its still good. i agree with what a reviewer said about managing expectations. i think in bintan, nirwana offers the best value. other resorts are 2-4x more expensive yet basing on the reviews are not much better (sometimes worse). on our last stay, i got a pre-CNY deal for $126sgd nett with buffet breakfast for 2 for their standard room.
during my 2nd and 3rd stay, the hotel staff generously upgraded our room (from standard to deluxe). whenever i had some problem with our room, they are usually quick to answer. the service, while not top notch, aint bad. i guess what works is to be assertive but keep being nice to the staff.
the resort itself is a typical family hotel, with big pools and some areas for recreation. on crowded days, it could be harded to get sunchairs, but you may opt to stay on the beachfront or on the bigger beach on the left of the hotel (mayang sari). i suggest to avoid peak days as much as you can if you dont like crowded resorts
the food was okay, the coffee shop offers the best value for the budget-conscious though the selection is a bit limited to indonesian and singaporean dishes. if you are lucky, they might have their bbq buffet on some nights which is quite good. be aware though that the prices are of singapore standards and might be quite a shock to first-timers. i mean even the food at the marriott phuket was cheaper (and better) than in bintan. for the breakfast buffet, i think its pretty good for the price
all in all i'd say nirwana resort offers the best value and we'll probably be back again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 241 guestrooms including 29 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, HostelWorld, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotelopia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island, Riau Islands