Club Med Bintan Island
The Canopi(Lagoi)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
3,679 results
All reviewscircus teamchef de villagewaterfall restaurantspecial thanksaqua aerobicsnightly showsfriendly gosflying trapezemichael jacksonfamily holidayray rayspecial mentiongreat holidaynew friendsevery mealbintan islandfree flow
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Impressive first visit to ClubMed Bintan! It's our home away from home. My family of five, with kids 2,3 and 7 yo wanted to stay longer ;) The Petit and Mini Club programmes were fun and helpful for the Mum&Dad (we went for sport activities and massaging!!). Pool party was great and enjoyable.

Thank you and well done to Branden and the team!

Room Tip: Connecting room for the kids is a must
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

From arrival to departure, everything seems seamless for someone like me travelling with my family and young children. Our first Ferry trip was little challenging, but kids got used to the movement and started venturing to the little café onboard of the ferry.

Arrival
Greeted by several GOs with some nice cooling drinks and towels. Separated into groups of English and Chinese speaking GOs.

Room
A GO brought us to our rooms and our family got connecting rooms. The superior rooms were of good size at Block E, but was a very stale smell. The toiletries were complete with toothbrushes (went to Club MEd Phuket in June 2012, there wasn't toothbrush). Being a Beach Resort, isn't a surprise with mozzie flying around. So guest do bring along more repellent.

Food around the clock and bar is open for drinks. Good for kids who loves to go snacking and drinking breaks. Food gets alittle boring. Executive Chef, Simon was good in seeing my need of having some porridge for my 2 yr old.
The day when we arrived, there was an Outdoor BBQ Buffet. We love the beef and it was done so well.

Bar
Buddy and me went for some drinks and they do run out of Bailey and some other alcohol.

Kids Club
I left my 2 kids with Mini Club and 1 with Petite Club. They were professional and careful with our little children. My children enjoyed themselves with all activities. Natalie and her team made sure the younger ones do get their afternoon rest.

Beach
Beach is clean and private without outsider access.

Overall,
Chief of Village, Mei was a familiar face with many GMs (guest). She never fail to be around and mingle with us. She is extremely friendly and outgoing.
Mr Brandon, IC for leisure and entertainment, he was very sporting and participated in games with the GMs.

Many thanks to all who made our holiday so fun and enjoyable!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroledavidng
Reviewed 28 November 2013

i have been going to club med holidays for over 20 years, and have visited several clubs. this is one of the best in the asia region, and my stay was very memorable.

the facilities and resort itself are world class. if you are looking for a purely luxurious stay, this might not be the club for you. though its views are break taking and the architecture and layout of the resort are stunning, this is not a sit-in-your-room-and-be-waited on experience. the rooms are clean and bright and very comfortable, but not luxurious. which is fine for me because when i am at a club med holiday, i expect to be active and involved and whisked away to a different kind of living. but i understand that that is not how everyone wishes to holiday.

if you are a seasoned club med goer, here is what to expect. the GO team we had was fantastic. it is quite different to its traditional origins in that many of the clubs i have been to have had a french chef de village and a general french feeling overall, even when i have been to clubs where the GO team were mostly from south america. the comedy and tastes and styles of hospitality are more asian geared here, which suited me fine as well. the daily program was a highlight. there were just so many different options, so much energy, so much care taken to pack in as much club med as possible into the village.

the quality of food was good by resort standards, but possibly a bit lesser comparing to the club med standards i have known. obviously the GFC is impacting everyone, and the financial luxuries of the past two decaces have had to come down somewhat. as a vegetarian, i did struggle a bit i have to be honest. not that i couldn't find anything to eat - but more, that i couldn't find much to eat, and as a result felt excluded from the experience somewhat. there were so many options that could have been made vegetarian, with a non-vegetarian addition - such a stir fried veg dish that had a smattering of bacon throughout which could have been kept to the side to stir through if needed. as there were several indian guests also staying at the resort, there did seem to be a lot of disgruntled vegetarians. we did raise the matter with the chief of the restaurant who was polite about the difficulty, but not very equipped to do much about it. he offered me a separate meal each night, but honestly, he or his staff were not at all trained in how to make a vegetarian meal. one night i got a plate of steamed tofu topped with gravy. it was worse than shopping mall food. so that was disappointing. there have obviously been costs cut too in the more glamorous sides of the meals, like the desserts which had always been a highlight now being more like what you find of a 3 star cruise somewhere. but all in all, it is still so wonderful to have copious amounts of food available to you all day, without having to stress about money and timings. and that is just one of the beauties of the club med concept.

the resort's facilities were a little outdated, but again, it didn't bother us or hamper our experience. possibly just good to have that expectation before you go there - for example, the theatre area is not air conditioned and can get very uncomfortably hot, and it can be a challenge to find a seat there if you are visiting in peak season. one aspect i should comment on which i also found disappointing was an elephant being brought to the resort for riding. as a seasoned travelled, i have learned that elephant riding should be avoided owing to the techniques used to make them suitable for riding. to see the club endorse this industry was really upsetting. so many guests were upset by it and complained, and it really did dampen my experience here.

still, we were a large family group of mixed needs and all were teary to leave. i was there with my father, my brother and his wife, and their three children aged 7-12. the GO team were especially memorable, particularly dave and josh, and diana in the bar, rendi in the kids club, and leo at everything. you guys inspired me to get up and have a go, get involved, and i haven't smiled so much in a long time. thanks for the memories!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wwtraveller23
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My family of 4 had a great time. Kristen who is 4 years old, misses the GOs and the mini club. She said this was the best holiday ever! She loves GO Min very much.
Many thanks to the chefs who specially cooked lunch and dinner meals for my 19 month old son.
The entertainment at Club Med was truly in a class of their own.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have recently been to club med Bintan and enjoyed it! However, the previous trip ( the recent trip was my second trip to Bintan club med) was more enjoyable. But, I do want to commend some of the staff that are working there. Andri, Rendi , Ahmed and others but unfortunately I cannot remember their names.
Let me start with Andri.I was in the teens club and he was the GO in charge of the teens. He did an AWESOME Job and if I ever went there again, I would definitely want Andri to be in charge of my club. Good Job Andri!
Next is Rendi. He was really friendly and when my dad asked him about the teens club he tried his best to help. I really think that he is a helpful and friendly person as he will do anything to get you the information you need.
Now, Ahmed ! He helped my family plan for the trip to the mangrove, and boy was it awesome!! He is also very friendly! He likes to joke around, and also likes to chat with my family. My dad also likes him as he is considered humorous too!
And for the rest of the people that work there I commend you too for making this trip enjoyable!! Oh and before i forget, there is another group of people I would like to give a thumbs up. The bartenders ! They are really good and friendly. But the outstanding bartender was the person working at the circular bar near the reception. He listened to my request and managed to do it! I requested him to help me make a blue dolphin and put the drink into my water bottle. If you manage to find the right person then thanks!
Overall, club med Bintan is still enjoyable and I would reccomend it to others !
Good job club med Bintan!!!

-Glenn Ng