We just got back from a 4 day stay at the Mayang Sari. Overall it was a unique, amazing, relaxing holiday!
We arrived at the ferry terminal of Bintan (from Singapore) and there was a Nirwana gardens bus pick up, everything was well organized.
Check-in was also smoothly, but however friendliness at the lobby was not 100%. We received a welcome drink at the lobby, a pity that is is not fresh juice but just a sweet water drink.
We've got a room in the Starfish ensemble. The view from there is amazing, you see the whole bay from your room and terrace, honoustly it's breathtaking and you relax immediately. The room was ok, it's true that it's quite old, but bed was ok. Bathroom needs defintely some renovation... On the other hand, we prefer to enjoy authentical, a bit worn rooms with the typical indonesian charm instead of newly built concrete rooms that you can find anywhere... This is in our opinion very unique and we hope it can stay like this, it feels like a small village. We hope that they won't put a big concrete development on it!!
But why would you spend a lot of time in your room when you have a magnificent garden, private beach and sea right in front of you? The beach was very clean, the sea also. There was an alert for jellyfish, but the hotel sends 2 guys in a kajak on the water to look for jellyfish and to catch them. Thanks to these 'jellyfish hunters' we have never seen one. We even did some snorkeling near the rocks and we saw some colourful fish! You could see them even without snorkeling because the water is so clear. It's a private beach and never busy, so it's just heaven.
We tried the breakfast buffet in Spice restaurant at Mayang Sari and in Coffee Shop at Nirwana gardens. Both have a bit the same selection of food. It was much more quiet at Spice restaurant then in Coffee Shop. However Coffee Shop has a little more choice, but it feels more like a 'canteen'.
There is a shuttle bus that runs every 30mins and takes you to the different resorts of Nirwana gardens and to the restaurants.
We tried 3 different restaurants:
Coffee Shop dinner: buffet style: 30S$ per pers. ok, a lot of choice and not busy.
Kelong restaurant: à la carte, quite chinese menu, nice place, you have dinner right above the water, approx. 40S$ per pers. quality of food was ok
Baan Ayri (the thai restaurant): approx. 50S$ per pers. food quality ok, but it's very expensive for small portions. when you compare it to good thai restauants here in hong kong, then the one in Bintan is really overpriced. The spring roll starter had only 2 spring rolls, the red curry chicked had only 4 tiny pieces of chicken... It's a beautiful restaurant with a beautiful setting and the food tastes good, but it's really overpriced.
Overall you have a lot of choice of different restaurants.
Regarding the night club, we stayed there from Wednesday until Saturday, we had the noice only on friday. We went to have a look at the beach club, first there is a band performance with all cover songs, quite ok, and at 11.30pm the disco music started, to be honoust there were not a lot of people and the music was quite loud, at 12pm we went to our room, we fell asleep immediately, but it's true you can here it in your room. We were staying in the room the most far away from the beach club and you could still here it. Normally it stops around 2am.
We have tried the spa 2 times and it's heaven!!! Defintely try the treatment in the private cabana, you will walk away from there on little cloud, it's very very good!!
Here you go, a small summary of our very relaxing holiday. We will defintely go back! We loved our stay at this bay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave the world behind as you cruise to Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan - a rustic resort tucked away in a pretty little cove on Bintan Island. Set in unspoiled nature on the northern coast of Bintan Island, Mayang Sari Beach Resort offers the perfect haven for a brief respite or a long weekend. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with modern amenities and also has an attached bathroom and a private veranda that commands either a garden or sea view. *Mayang Sari Beach Resort guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia and Fastbooking so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands