Our previous visit was in 2008 and we missed the beautiful sea and soft sand, hence we were back again.
From Singapore to Mayang Sari, you need to travel via sea. Ferry tickets are on sale online (www.brf.com.sg). Collection of the boarding pass will be at the Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. There isn’t much choice of food at the terminal, so you would want to have a proper meal before heading there.
Communication with the resort staff was a breeze, I got their response in 2 days. Having read that some rooms had completed the upgrading works, I emailed to the resort and requested for the new room. They managed to fulfill our request. Days before our stay, we received the email on food discount for dining at Spice Restaurant.
After the Bintan customs, keep a lookout for staff holding the Mayang Sari sign. They will inform you which coach to board on (FOC). Mayang Sari is one of the resorts under Nirwana Group hence the coach will go around the vicinity to drop the guests, and Mayang Sari is the last resort for drop off.
We arrived 3 hours before the check-in time (Bintan: GMT +7). We went to the Spice restaurant for our lunch and ordered the set meals that were available in the dining privilege. I loved the okra set! The okra was cooked soft but not mushy. A tad spicy which opened up your appetite yet doesn’t burn your tongue.
We were brought to our seaview chalet in a buggy, cool! The room was still exceptionally huge, no problem to put another king bed in there. Walls were repainted, bathroom refurnished. The room looked brighter compared to our last visit. I would wish they changed new TV set. It was still the old, small CRT television, I couldn’t really see well from the bed. No shower screen in the bathroom (just a curtain) so the water will splash to the dry area.
You may explore the Nirwana group of resorts in their free shuttle bus service. It arrived in every 30mins and I could tell you, it was VERY PUNCTUAL. Be at the pickup point earlier to catch it. This time, we went to the recreation centre and had some fun in the archery range. For SGD10, you will get to shoot 25 arrows.
Dinner was at The Kelong, where they served Chinese food. Portion was generous, little too much for the 2 of us, nevertheless we cleaned up all the 3 dishes.
We checked out the next morning with regrets, should have booked another night and we did not get a tan. The hotel staff has already helped us with the boarding pass the day before so we collected from them before hopping onto the bus to the ferry terminal. We would definitely be back, there is so much more in the resort vicinity we have yet to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave the world behind as you cruise to Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan - a rustic resort tucked away in a pretty little cove on Bintan Island. Set in unspoiled nature on the northern coast of Bintan Island, Mayang Sari Beach Resort offers the perfect haven for a brief respite or a long weekend. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with modern amenities and also has an attached bathroom and a private veranda that commands either a garden or sea view. *Mayang Sari Beach Resort guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands