Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews entertainment room rooftop pool ferry terminal free shuttle table soccer nirwana gardens check in was smooth buffet spread other resorts food options kids club xbox bar7 ps4 bintan warung development
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2019 via mobile

We booked two rooms during the cny period for a family trip.The room which i stayed in, room 531 was really dusty and the table top with sink in the toilet was terrible. There were visible and bad mould stains around the sink and table. They really looked gross given that we chose this hotel as it was relatively new.

The housekeeping staff will only replenish 2 bath towels daily despite thay we have four people in the room. It was a hassle that we have to call to request for 2 more towels every night when we come back to the room. Only baisc toiletries like hair conditioner and a dispenser hair and body wash were provided.

The breakfast has limited choices and most times, the food are not replenished fast enough despite seeing a huge number of guests at th peak hour- 8.30 to 9.30am. The taste of the food was disappointing.

There aren’t anything much around the hotel. The foods were expensive and the shops were limited and boring.

The only perk was that there was an entertainment room within the hotel which my kids really enjoyed . That’s the only thing that occupies them with the games, movie screening etc.

Trip type: Travelled with family
NirwanaGardens, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lagoi Hotel by Nirwana Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2019

Dear Estherlhq,

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback relating to your stay with us. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels and we have unfortunately fallen short of that goal. Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve and I have shared it with the Hotel team. I want to thank you for staying with us and we would love to have you back to better serve you in the near future at Grand Lagoi Hotel.

Reviewed 23 February 2019

My stay at Grand Lagoi is one of the best that I've experienced on an affordable budget.

Pre-trip:
I enquired with staff via email regarding arrival at the ferry terminal, activities available as well as a special arrangement for a simple Valentine's decoration as a warm surprise for my girlfriend. The staff responded promptly which greatly helped in the planning of our trip.

Facilities and Hotel Room:
-Room was clean and lovely.
-The infinity pool was great, and so was the activity room where we played pool and soccer table.
-The bar at the rooftop had amazing day and night views.

Service:
During our short stay, we were pleasantly surprised by the warmth and hospitality of the hotel staff. They proactively greeted and interacted with us, and offered to assist us when sensing that we were unsure of various things.

Overall:
We had a wonderful experience at Grand Lagoi and will certainly come back for a second stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NirwanaGardens, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lagoi Hotel by Nirwana Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Dear chengjin14,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Tripadvisor. It is rewarding to know that you had a comfortable stay at Grand Lagoi Hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the arrangement surprise for the special occasion and especially pleased to read that our team members delivered the exemplary hospitality experience that made your stay a memorable one. On behalf of all the staff of Grand Lagoi Hotel, we would like to thank you for staying with us and we are more than happy to assist you with your future arrangements.

Reviewed 7 February 2019 via mobile

This hotel has easy access to food and leisure activities in the area
Its very peaceful and quiet
The pool is amazing along with the good breakfast
The rooms are comfy and well updated amenities
The fishing spot and the lake ride is just grand option
The evening walk to the beach and its white sand is feet smoothing

No much shopping in bintan island unless u go to thanjunpinjan

This a ideal place for baby moon

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank amy_78c
NirwanaGardens, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lagoi Hotel by Nirwana Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2019

Dear amy_78c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to know that your room accommodations were satisfactory and you had the opportunity to enjoy our infinity pool, breakfast and activities. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your getaway and hope to have you with us again when you plan your next visit to Bintan.

Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

It’s a nice trip to Bintan. The grand lagoi hotel has a incredible service. Before I went to Bintan , the customer service staff Ms Lina kept reminded me of the departure and booking reference number of ferry, so that she can arrange the shuttle bus. The last day I was going to be late for the ferry. The service manager drove the car and sent me to the ferry terminal to Singapore. People in the hotel is so friendly and hospitable. Thanks Lina and all the staff there. I will book the hotel again next time .

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank corey_zhu

Dear corey_zhu,

Thank you for staying at Grand Lagoi Hotel, it was our pleasure to have you with us. We are glad that your stay with us was comfortable and that you were happy with our service. We hope that you will stay with us a little longer on your next trip to Bintan and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

My family and I decided on The Grand Lagoi Hotel as our choice of accommodation for our weekend holiday in Bintan and overall, it was a great stay with both pros and cons

Pros:

Rooms - We had rooms 519 and 521 and both rooms were very comfortable with a connecting door which was very convenient. The bathrooms were extremely spacious and immaculate which was a huge bonus

Staff - All the staff in the hotel are always smiling and greeting you which is great to see. Afriadi who picked us up from the ferry terminal was really pleasant and welcoming towards me and my family and always maintained a positive vibe even though he had to juggle between picking us up, driving us to the hotel and moving luggages around which is a really great skill to have. The front desk team were also really helpful and polite especially Evi, Lina and Agom.

7th floor Pool - The rooftop pool was fantastic even though the water was quite cold but it didn’t really matter as the weather was really hot at times. The pool itself was very spacious and relaxing to swim in. The view of the pool however just consisted of an abandoned building and construction site but that is 100% not the hotel’s fault as it is out of their control

Food - The food was also very good at the hotel. I ordered their Nasi Goreng at the poolside area and it was very tasty and fulfilling and we also ordered their Spring Rolls and Nachos from the in room dining menu and that was also delicious.

Cons:

7th floor Restaurant - While all the staff were really pleasant, I felt that the service flow could have been slightly better as when they were bringing out our main dishes, it didn’t come out all at once even though me and my brother ordered the same dish (Spaghetti Bolognese) but I got my spaghetti first whilst my Brother had to wait for another 10 minutes.

Spa booking - My family and I had decided to book spa appointments and while the staff who assisted us was also very friendly, she had to keep on checking with her colleagues whenever we asked her questions such as whether the transport could pick up my dad, my brothers and myself from the massage place first before coming back for my mum as she had a longer massage time and the prices of the durations of different treatments. I feel that this staff needs to be retrained on how to handle spa bookings to avoid any future service delays.

Housekeeping - When we came back to the hotel after a night out, we found that me and my brothers’ room was cleaned but my parents’ room wasn’t. We later discovered that it was because my parents didn’t press the button for the staff to clean their room while I did press the button for the staff to clean my room. I genuinely feel that guests shouldn’t be pressing a button for their rooms to be serviced and that the Housekeeping team should be cleaning it automatically unless instructed by the guests to not disturb them as it is the practice in almost every hotel around.

Overall it was a great stay and if I ever were to
come back to Bintan in the future, I would try this hotel again. Thank you for a great weekend!

Date of stay: January 2019

Dear ddrananda,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent holiday at Grand Lagoi Hotel. Whilst we are pleased that there were some positive factors to your stay especially on the room, staff service, pool and food; we are sorry that there were shortfalls that affected what could have been a more memorable experience with us. Do be assured that we are reviewing the points you have brought up and we continue to work hard to ensure that we deliver the best to our guests. See you again soon and as always, we remain at your service.