“yellavest glasgow”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tummel Bridge
Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park
Reviewed 18 March 2014

have just returned from long weekend at pitlochry. what a fabulous time we had. We stayed in lodge No.12 right on the riverside. The lodge itself was fitted to high standard. Location was superb,so peaceful. A real relaxing time to chill out. The staff could not be more friendly.Only criticasisim was the shop on site only opened am.facilities for children good with swimmingpool/sauna/childrens pool. would return again Entertainment was good for this time of year

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yellavestG716lt
There are newer reviews for Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our holiday was a long weekend winter break. We arrived at the Park after a long day and we were welcomed by a warm and inviting lodge. The lights were on and everything you could think of needing was provided. Plenty of fluffy white towels for all 6 of us and a superb very well equipped kitchen. The lodges are surprisingly roomy and having 4 small children we found the extra on suite bathroom a bonus! We were fortunate to have the swimming pool to ourselves when we went and that was great. Only thing I could fault with the swimming pool would be the changing rooms and showers are a bit grotty looking and probably due an upgrade. The pool area itself is good with a small pool for the toddlers and a bigger pool for the adults and older kids. The park is really good fun but you cannot take your eyes off the kids as the park is so close to the edge of very fast moving river and I felt this could have been fenced better. A very well stocked shop is also on the sight and we found the prices to be reasonable and not inflated like most shops on campsites etc are. The restaurant/bar area is nice and we ate there once. To be honest the lodges are so well equipped I preferred to stay in and eat! The food was ok, nothing amazing but the entertainment provided for the kids was good and this was impressive considering it was so early in the season. I hated the arcade as our small children eagerly used the 2p drop machines only to find that they had knocked a big bundle of 2ps off the edge but the machine must be set to only allow a win sometimes and this upset the kids especially as they could see the money drop down but it never appeared at the payout dish. We saw a flap inside which channels the money back into the machine. Not happy about that! So I feel the arcade should be avoided unless you have a bottomless pocket full of cash. Our children enjoyed feeding the ducks which were up beside the lodges in the morning. One more thing I would say to Parkdean.......upgrade the double mattresses!...single ones are so comfortable but the double are not very good. Anyway on the whole I think this is a truly fantastic little place to take the family or even enjoy on your own. Scenery is stunning and staff are very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is our 5th year staying at Tummel Valley and it never fails to meet our expectations and we were once again taken care of by the the fab team. Our lodge was clean, comfortable and cosy and we liked being not too far away from the shop/entertainment. The Star Troopers Leanne and Georgia were fantastic and helped make the holiday for our 4 young children with their various activities throughout the week. Such a shame that other families didn't see the benefit of these sessions! Such great fun for the kids and a wee bit peace for adults to enjoy a cuppa/chat while watching the youngsters having fun. The restaurant/bar staff are exceptional and always make u feel so welcome and the service and quality of food is 1st class and a v welcome treat from home cooking! We thoroughly enjoyed our winter break and it was just wot was needed at this time of year (early feb) 2 beat the winter blues and will certainly be booking up again for next year ASAP! Thank u Tummel Valley Team, c u all v soon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AnneBury
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I visited here on the 9th September for the Mon-Fri. I've been to Tummel many times over the years when I was a child and thought i'd like my children to experience the good times I had in my childhood too. It was definitely not a disappointment. I decided to go through The Sun holidays to get a cheaper deal, it cost me in the region of £80 for the caravan and the entertainment passes, I had just booked a standard van, all I was worried about was the cleanliness of the van as it would only really be used for sleeping and eating in. We arrived about 3.30pm and our van was ready, we had been given an upgrade and was very pleasantly surprised, the caravan was not a standard van, it was more in the top of range in my opinion, it looked brand new, was very clean and very spacious, 3 bedroom with 2 shower rooms, washing machine, dryer, ironing board, nice kitchen, table and chairs etc. I never bothered paying for linen and took my own, again, I was surprised, the beds were all made up on arrival. It was at the top of the site so we were quite out the way but it was nice and quiet. I was over the moon that we got such a nice area of the site and a very nice clean caravan for the money that we paid. (I'm rather glad we never paid for an upgrade or paid for linen beforehand)

The park is nice and clean, the shop is well stocked with a small range of everything that you might need, the only niggle is it opens later (after the worker has dropped her kids off at school) which by the way is later than the stated time on the door. We never ate at the restaurant as we have done before and thought it was a waste of money for the disgusting food (might've changed as that was 2011), we did get a chippy and was disgusted at the price but the food was alright, nothing special. The childrens entertainment was good and kept my children entertained for the short time it was on, I wish they had the kids stuff on for a little longer as by the time you get in from whatever you're doing and have dinner you need to rush to catch the entertainment. The pool is adequate, not great if you want to have a decent swim as it's not that large, it's good if you are in with children as there is a very small shallow pool which children can sit down in as it's that shallow (great for babies and young children). They have a sauna which again I liked in 2011, never used it this time around so can't comment on it.

There is a park which has recently been upgraded and is great for young toddlers and for older children. I have seen a few complaints as this is so close to the fast flowing river which a child could easily get too as the fence is not the greatest however, you should be watching your children whilst playing anyway (even though I know full well that children can run as soon as your backs turned for a second, they will not be in danger, it's more if you think sitting on the bench having a drink and gossip whilst letting your kids 'get on with it' that there is a cause for concern)

The only thing I really dislike about this park is that there is nothing in sight. The town is quite far out so if you wish to do anything you need to go back down the windy road which is miles and miles long. (about 45 minutes back into Pitlochry).

I would recommend this site if you are into chilling out in the wilderness and walking, there is many walks around the park that are lovely.

Room Tip: Book standard and if you are given an upgrade on arrival - GREAT! If not, you can always upgrade on...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank louise t
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed in a 3 bed Lodge from 31st Dec for three nights with family and friends. Three lodges were booked for 14 of us.The Lodge was clean and welcoming with the lights and heating already on for our arrival. (Including a complimentary bottle of wine).The food in the restaurant was decent pub food and the wine very reasonably priced. It was very noisy with the kids entertainment but this was to be expected for a family park. Not really ideal for a quiet drink in the bar/restaurant and we left to have drinks back in our lodges. The park itself was clean and well kept. Staff helpful and friendly. Entertainment on Hogmanay was excellent and very well planned.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jjmacintyre
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went to Tummel Valley with our son, as our friends recommended it, and I am glad they did.

We found the location stunning (we even got some snow), the accommodation was great and the staff were really helpful and pleasant - they couldn't do more to help, big thanks to the bar staff.

We enjoyed the pool, the restaurant and the bar; it was such a change not having to worry about Christmas dinner, and the complimentary departure breakfast was excellent.

Overall this was a most enjoyable break. It is a bit far to travel from the South West, but well worth it.

Room Tip: It is highly recommended to get a lodge close to the Reception, as during the Winter the walk to and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank johno513
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Hi, first of all, anyone who has read my previous reviews will know I am not parkdeans greatest fan. Partcually their customer service in Lowestoft. My reason for going was I really wanted to visit Fort William were I had been over 40yrs before when with the RAF mountain rescue team based in valley n wales. We drove up from Wotton Bassett and once in Scotland it was great. The site is out of the way, quiet and peacefull. We went to reception,they were realy helpful and were told were our van was. Great, the van was right up in the r/h corner of the park. The van was really clean and very well equipped. All the ataff were great, the brilliant quality food and quite cheap for a holiday park.This park is in an absolutely stunning location and entertainment and other facilities were top class. Pithocry is a nice small town to walroundwith good bars and restaurants plus plenty of shops for Lyn. Visit perth,really worth a day but deffinitly go to fort William, which sits close to ben neviss in stunning scenery. The wildlife is great, we were as I said in the top corner ,under the trees, when I opened the caravan door , there were always the same 3 ducks (think this is because Lyn was feeding them). To sum up,great park, great staff and a really great and enjoyable wk. Just to sit outside and breath in the air was brilliant. Asked Lyn should we invest in a van but she informed me that we couldn't afford it, but not in them words, definitely didn't want to leave. If your like me (god forbid) and like the outdoors, this is definitely the pace no matter how far you have to travel. Ill do a review on Fort William when I get the chance because putting it with this review would not do it justice.regards to all and feel free to ask me anything you wish to know about any of my reviews,also thanks to tripadvisor for a great site. As always, this review as all my others is based on mine and Lyns experience regards THOMAS S WILL GET 9YR OLD GRANDSON TO SHOW ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD PHOTOS!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
#17 of 18 in Pitlochry
Atholl Arms Hotel
Atholl Arms Hotel
#11 of 18 in Pitlochry

Been to Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park? Share your experiences!