“Great Christmas stay”

Bella Vista Waterfront
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Kuah
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 days over the Christmas period. We had a fantastic time and never encountered any of the problems that the previous reviewer mentioned. The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and made sure we had a good seaview room. When we found this too noisy from the band playing that night, they immediately arranged for us to move to a quieter room on the side. The room was fine, a little small but clean and well appointed and always cleaned daily with fresh towels. The food was very good and we went to the Christmas Eve dinner (which was not compulsory!) and thought the range and standard of food was excellent....good to eat smoked salmon and turkey! Satay was delicious too.
The pool area was nice with an infinity pool overlooking the sea and a nice place to relax. We had it to ourselves both afternoons we spent there, though it did get busy with families late afternoon.
The hotel is not far from the ferry terminal, so only a short taxi ride to continue our journey.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms overlooking pool restaurant are noisy. Rooms on the side with an oblique sea view much...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pitwoodsusan10
There are newer reviews for Bella Vista Waterfront

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I was on a 12 day trip to Malaysia with my parents of which langkawi was the last stop in Malaysia before returning home. My trip there included Christmas eve and Christmas day whe I had to spend time at this hotel.

First and foremost, this hotel is NOT a 3 star hotel. Please be aware of that. It would probably be a 1 star at best. They have no concept of customer service or how to run a business. This being our last stop in malaysia left a sour taste in my mouth after being in great hotels in other parts of the country.

The Christmas eve dinner was compulsory when I booked the 2 rooms. It was not cheap for that dinner which turned out to be AWFUL. Basically, the food was tasteless ... All of it. I was shocked to eat such horrible food in a country whe the food is just amazing!!!

Secondly, the walls to the rooms are paper thin. We had a group of students who were loud to begin with (one of them had this awful voice who kept singing silent night and we wish you a merry Christmas at regular intervals through the night). They kept us up for 2 nights. I did complain but not much was done. Someone even kept moving shopping carts in the hallway, not sure why.

The rooms are tiny. There is no space for luggage.

The beds are worse, they keep moving around if you rest your back against the wall.

The breakfast was all right, the ONLY saving grace for our trip.

Even the taxi drivers were more appreciative of other hotels in the area like bay view. Please stay away from this hotel if you don't want to ruin your trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Roxyrollers
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Bella vista Langkawi is not a great place for you to spend your vacation. If you have a longer period of stay in Langkawi, Bella Vista certainly is one option. The hotel looks like an old castle, but certainly below minimum standards. The food is fine but not so great.

I booked a superior room for my stay with my family, but when I checked in they gave a twin share room instead of a queen bed. The hotel manager & counter staff were not supportive and were not in a mood to help us. Since we were new to the place, we had no other option other than using the same room.

Another major challenge was to go across to the town and return during night time. The pathway is scary and does not seems safe to walk during night time. Some of the major attractions also is quite far from the hotel. The close by beach also is not so great, but the pool near to beach gives a nice feel to the hotel. The hotel room lacks cleanliness and is with little space to move around.

Overall a budget hotel with below average standards.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jitheshmenon
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I stayed in this Hotel during Christmas Eve 2011 and this hotel has given me a worst Christmas Eve. I will not recommend travellers to stay this hotel due to the following reasons:-

a.) Counter/receipt services is poor and the staffs shown unfriendly behavior. We wait at the counter for check-in about 1 hour.
b.) Air conditioner isn't maintain and functioning well, it was leaking and dirty during night. We can't sleep well due to the noise of water leaking.
c.) We request for room changing, but the staff was rejecting and asking their so call air-con specialist to service the old air-con. The floor was dirty after the air-con was repaired, we call for room cleaning service, they ignore us. IF IT IS A STANDARD HOTEL, WE DO NOT NEED TO REQUEST, THEY WILL AUTOMATIC COME TO CLEAN THE ROOM AFTER THEIR PROBLEMS HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED BY THEIR CUSTOMER.
d.) The sound insulation system is poor, I can eveb hear others room's sound (i.e. sound from toilet, phone alarm, the kids running around the walk path and etc)
e.) Breakfast-Foods taste bad and not hot enough. Little Choice. Coffee like drainage water.
f.) Water Heater not functioning well, no hot water during the cold morning.
g.) Towels not provided if you not request. After the room services appx 10.00a.m., the towels have been disappear. The cleaner told me have to take 3 hours later then only replaced new towels for me.
Because of the above items, some of my travel schedule has been cancelled and delayed.
In view on above, I WILL RATE THIS AS ONE(1) STAR HOTEL IN STEAD OF THREE(3) STARS.
WARNING: PLS CONSIDER WHAT I'VE MENTIONED ABOVE BEFORE YOU CHOOSE TO STAY IN THIS ONE(1) STAR HOTEL.

Room Tip: a.) Counter/receipt services is poor and the staffs shown unfriendly behavior. We wait at the counte...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed 2 nights and both nights were kept up by karaoke being way too loud until 1am, if you going too have it run this late you need to sound proof the venue.
This ruin our stay at this hotel and would not recommend if you looking a relaxing quiet hotel.
rooms were ok and breakfast was good and staff friendly but front end staff not very good understanding of english.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Karaoke venue
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is an hotel looks like a palace, I like the room as its in the beach. Attached swimming pool facing towards the sea. Very near to Kuah Town. The rooms are good and the bfast buffet they provide is also really very good. It has attached Bar and and arabian restuarant. Shisah is also available for you in Arabian restaurant and you can enjoy in the big lawndecorated with LED lights. It also has Tomyang restautrant nearby which has cheap and variety of foods. I tasted few of them and was really good. Overall experience in Bella Vista was good and planning to visit again if I go there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

1. My family and I arrived at the hotel around midday of December the 9th which was the beginning of long holiday. A hotel staff told me that he wanted to upgrade us to sea view room so i didn't have to wait until 3pm when they finished the room we had booked earlier. (We booked 2 bedroom apartment with no view.) I was happy and thought that this would a good holiday for us. The upgraded room is in the 1st. floor (level 3). Very very small room with sea view.

2. I ordered food from room service. Asked the staff on the phone how long does it take and he said 30 minutes. Also told him not to ring the bell because my daughter was sleeping. Just knock the door. And less than 15 minutes later, I was showering. Someone rang the bell and the food was delivered. Fortunately it didn't wake my daughter up.

3. The restaurant nearby the hotel turned on the music so loud I couldn't sleep.

4. The air con was broken the first night we stayed. There was water leaking from a/c in the middle of the night. The next morning, before I went out for the island tour, I informed a front office staff. She promised to get someone to fix it. When we came back around 3 pm, water was still leaking from a/c. I informed the front office staff once again and told her that I expected cool air without leaking water by 5 pm. It was fixed by 5 pm.

6. I didn't see any smile from front office staffs in this hotel.

7. No internet connection in the room, only at the corridor on the G floor.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuah
Bayview Hotel Langkawi
The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia
Langkawi Seaview Hotel
Langkawi Seaview Hotel
#33 of 104 in Langkawi

Been to Bella Vista Waterfront? Share your experiences!