Langkawi is a legendary island with interesting places to visit. No matter how many times we come to visit it, we would always feel it is worth coming again. We could go by ferry or fly to the island. This time the 4 of us flew to lsngkawi as my hubby intend to bring me n his parents to bella vista so that we could attend his best friend's wedding. The hotel has a magnificent outlook of the English Tudor Castle fronting the sea. How awesome! There are family apartment rooms but after reading the reviews and recommendations we booked for 2 deluxe rooms and it was a worthy effort because the rooms have been recently renovated. Modern and clean...with the seaview. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the pool is situated at the seafront amidst the landscaped gardens. We had a lovely time exploring the surroundings and had sumptous meals for dinner at the nearby restaurant outside the gate. The hotel breakfast buffet serves homely food as well with choices of local and western. The location is great as we could easily drive to Kuah town for shopping and sightseeing to "dataran lang" that situates a flying eagle statue to signify the island's historic name and a few other attractions there. It's also quite easy to drive to other parts of the island with a good map in hand. As always...there is so much to do while we were there. This time it is uniquely memorable when we attended the classic traditional wedding were the locals cooked the meal themselves and as the groom us a dignified film director, we get to meet some popular filmstars as well. The beautiful part is when we had a chance to also visit mami's relative whom has resided there with his wife and kids. He showed us his collection of old black n white photos and I get to see the pictures of many elderly relatives whom I never get the chance to meet as well as the ones during their younger days. We also had a lovely time hunting fot gamat products, enjoying the oriental village attractions, from chenang beach and tanjung Rhu's coconut drinks to the hunt for the best "langkawi laksa" a local dish everyone must try. The one we found on the way back to the airport was awesome. Other place could be the stalls you encounter along the road near the paddy field. Very authentic taste of the northern malaysian rice noodle in thick fish gravy...healthy style cooking with fresh ingredients. We didn't have time to visit the underwaterworld, kota mahsuri and other great places or to try out the spa in the hotel as time is short for a 3days 2 nites visit that has a special purpose of rejoicing moments of "silaturrahim" with family and friends. Before we knew it, it's already time to fly home. That longing feeling for Langkawi will call us back for more visits next time. We love to try out other residents it could offer on other oarts of the island for different experiences. Bella vista is uniquely designed for family stays as well as business travellers. Till then...Asta la vista...memorable bella vista.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langkawi, the tranquil Jewel of Kedah, offers a unique blend of Asian cultures which is reflected at the Bella Vista Waterfront. Situated in the heart of Kuah town, amidst lush landscaped gardens and overlooking the clear blue waters of the Andaman sea, the resort is the perfect getaway for the discerning international pr domestic traveler whether on business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bella Vista Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Langkawi Hotel Kuah
- Bella Vista Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Bella Vista Hotel
- Bella Vista Waterfront Langkawi/Kuah