“Excellent!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Kulai B&B and Inns
KL, Malaysia
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is strategically situated in the city of Kulaijaya Johor. It's a stone's throw away from AEON Kulaijaya and around half hour drive to JPO.

The ambience of the hotel is very nice. It is a budget hotel but the facilities and interior decoration of the hotel are as good as a 3 stars hotel.

Even though the hotel does not offer breakfast or food services, there are plenty of restaurants adjacent to it.

Their staff was super attentive and was very helpful. I could not find any fault when I was there for a 3 nights stay.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The good points about the hotel were the cleanliness, friendly housekeepers, plenty of good restaurants in the vicinity and even an ironing facility placed on every floor.

Unfortunately, this second time, I got a room 3009 facing the highway which meant regular traffic noise. Also the noise from the pub downstairs which was screening a football match went on till the wee hours of the morning. Finally, the housekeepers didn't clean our room just because we didn't hang the "Clean our room" sign.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kulai hotels

Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel is very new, the room is clean with free wifi access (fast) and in the room they have free mineral water, coffee and tea (provided a lot of budget hotel do not provide all this things). I like the toilet, as it is clean and not too small with satisfy size and rain shower in the toilet.

At night, you may need the room access card to enter the hotel, as they have the security system of the lobby entries, which make me feel more secure.

Our room is facing the road side which quite noisy at night, as there is a mamak near by the hotel. So i may recommend not too have the room facing road side.

Besides, the hotel location is good and convenience, few minus walk to the Aeon mall near by and a lot of restaurant near by the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LimAlicia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3D2N at the hotel.Everything was good,clean hotel,comfortable beds,rooms were okay,very near to restaurants and it is nearby to Aeon Jusco which will be opening soon :) Will definetely stay there again on the next visit

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked a hotel for my sister's family from United States on 26 oct. Our plan is rest a night before continue journey to north in second day. We clearly mentioned that we will check in after midnight due to midnight flight arrived at Changi airport. When we are reaching the hotel, we received a call hotel and were told that our room was given others with very bad attitude. We are angry but no choice to continue journey to north.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank laitianyao
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a fairly comfortable stay here mainly because the hotel is only 3 months old. The entrance is nothing much; facilities rather basic. Some annoyances occurred on the first night when we heard knocking sounds at midnight. Apparently someone was doing repairs next door. Also, when guests return to their rooms, their loud talking or shouting can be clearly heard. Another minus point would have to be the poor housekeeping. I noticed a layer of dust when we checked in. My friends' room was not ready till late at nearly 3pm. When they went to their room to check why the delay, they found the housekeeper idling away. Fortunately they went up to check or they could have been made to wait longer for the room to be ready.

Room Tip: Choose a room without windows. Apparently those with windows are a lot noisier due to noise coming f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I wanted to rave about it earlier but I couldn't since this hotel was not listed in Trip Advisor. But since I was uploading my Johor trip piccies to my FB, I was thinking why not check out this hotel in trip advisor.. and walla... its on the list now. Ok, where shall I start first. Herm.. I booked the hotel via booking.com. I was a little worried since this was a new hotel and I can't seemed to get a review on this hotel but the price stated in booking.com was pretty tempting. I made up my mind and choose this hotel out of many hotels in Jhr. The Manager, Mr Venod is very helpful as well. He came and greeted us upon check-in and was kind enough to give us late check-out due to our late arrival time. Boy, I was happy and glad I made a right choice. Well, my trip down to the south is to go to Legoland. Hence, this place is strategically located to Legoland, like 20mins drive. But what surprises me is the hotel is nearer to JPO instead :D. So, here's the list of what I love about the hotel.

1. The space inside the room is alright. Not too cramp although not too big.
2. It has nice fluffy towels and soft pillows which were good for me.
3. It has high pressure heated power shower.
4. It is spotless.
5. Security 24hrs and the entrance security is great.
6. Flatscreen TV with international channels.
7. WiFi in the room.

The downside is my room was without any window and unfortunately a handphone went missing in this trip. When we checked out, we forgot that a handphone was left in the bed. We quickly went to check out since we woke up pretty late and upon check-out, we left another room card in the room. The receptionist lady went up and took the card since without that card, we cant get any deposit back. We only noticed that the hp was missing when we arrived in JPO. During that time, when we called, we can still hear the ringing sound. Then we made a turn back to the hotel. The lady said another guest have checked in but he went out. So, she checked on behalf since she said we can't enter the room. She came back and said she didn't found anything. But when we went into the car and tried calling again, that's when the phone went in to voicemail which means some one has turned it off. We strongly believe the receptionist lady took it because the phone went dead right after she checked the room. But there's nothing that we can do since the Manager was not around and she is refused to help too. If only the management can do something about it. Anyway, other than that, this is a cool place to out up a night or two. Here's some photos taken on the first day of arrival.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank niki0918
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kulai
Creator Hotel
#65 of 107 in Johor Bahru
Palazzo Hotel
Palazzo Hotel
#2 of 11 in Kulai

Been to Castello Hotel? Share your experiences!