“A Cosy Little Cafe in Langkawi”
Review of Red Tomato

Red Tomato
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Red Tomato is a European style restaurant that brings Mediterranean Cuisine in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Originally a small cafe in Langkawi, Red Tomato has grown and developed into the loved restaurant we know it as now. It doesn’t stop there though, we are excited to say as we are also opening in Kuala Lumpur. Try our delicious pizza, pasta or grill dishes that can also be served as gluten free options; we also have some vegetarian dishes to cater for those who choose plant based diets. We hope everyone will be able to enjoy a meal here at Red Tomato as afterall it's where travellers and friends meet and eat...
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been to Red Tomato last year- a very cosy little cafe in the heart of Langkawi. The foreign owner is super friendly sharing lots of her own story about the island with us. The pizza was awesome. Look for a Volkswagen Beetle that parks in front of the cafe in case if you have difficulty finding the restaurant. I would pay a visit again whenever I visit Langkawi again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The receptionist from our hotel recommended this place and we decided to give it a try and we will totally not disappointed by the place. The ambience feels good and makes you relax. The waiter was friendly and efficient. We had the pizza which allows you to choose your own toppings and it was delicious with good amount of cheese and crispiness to the crust. Our drinks were fresh fruit juices and it was really good. Overall, a great dining experience. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had dinner and breakfast there, I really enjoyed my food and the price was reasonable. I do recommend the place and try the ones with the tomato sign next to it, it's worth it.
Although 2 out of 4 times we went there, the waiters seemed to be stressed and not very helpful but the rest of the experience was good.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

A plate of spaghetti already cost you RM 25, it is not only overpriced and the food is very small in portion. Their prawn spaghetti is quite awful and their pizza served was too salty. Drinks ranges from RM8 onwards. Not much choices of food. They charge their vegetarian food from RM 20 onwards, too expensive. Bad dining experience. Not worth a visit.

1  Thank jyoong
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The food is small portion. The spaghetti has bad taste. Tarte flambée is nice. The worst thing is when I wanna pay the bill, the waiter just took my unfinished drink away without asking me. Worst service ever.

3  Thank Manfred Y