“Tranquil environment ”
Review of Red Tomato

Red Tomato
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Red Tomato is a European style restaurant that brings Mediterranean Cuisine in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Originally a small cafe in Langkawi, Red Tomato has grown and developed into the loved restaurant we know it as now. It doesn’t stop there though, we are excited to say as we are also opening in Kuala Lumpur. Try our delicious pizza, pasta or grill dishes that can also be served as gluten free options; we also have some vegetarian dishes to cater for those who choose plant based diets. We hope everyone will be able to enjoy a meal here at Red Tomato as afterall it's where travellers and friends meet and eat...
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

If u want to hv a romance and sedate atmosphere , this restaurant will absolutely.satisfy u. For me, the place here was cozy,the food was ok and large portion(to me,asians ) but the price is a bit over budget to me. We 3 person ordered 2 pasta and one chicken breast meal, 2 drinks ,total rm130. Overall its worth a try for you guys who finding place to eat and relaxing!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The food is fine although we have had a few times where we have asked for something on the menu and they have come back after taking our order to say it isnt available. Fresh drinks are really nice and the salads and rolls are quite filling.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We ate both diner and breakfast at Red Tomato. I had found a review of the restaurant in my backpacker guide and decided to try it. Dinner was good but more expensive than other places we've visited. They serve salads, pizzas, pasta, sandwiches and schnitzel so the menu is European (apparently the owner is German). I liked the breakfast which included omelette and homemade bread.

I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been to Red Tomato last year- a very cosy little cafe in the heart of Langkawi. The foreign owner is super friendly sharing lots of her own story about the island with us. The pizza was awesome. Look for a Volkswagen Beetle that parks in front of the cafe in case if you have difficulty finding the restaurant. I would pay a visit again whenever I visit Langkawi again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The receptionist from our hotel recommended this place and we decided to give it a try and we will totally not disappointed by the place. The ambience feels good and makes you relax. The waiter was friendly and efficient. We had the pizza which allows you to choose your own toppings and it was delicious with good amount of cheese and crispiness to the crust. Our drinks were fresh fruit juices and it was really good. Overall, a great dining experience. Definitely worth it.