“The best place in town for breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Tomato

Red Tomato
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Red Tomato is a European style restaurant that brings Mediterranean Cuisine in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Originally a small cafe in Langkawi, Red Tomato has grown and developed into the loved restaurant we know it as now. It doesn’t stop there though, we are excited to say as we are also opening in Kuala Lumpur. Try our delicious pizza, pasta or grill dishes that can also be served as gluten free options; we also have some vegetarian dishes to cater for those who choose plant based diets. We hope everyone will be able to enjoy a meal here at Red Tomato as afterall it's where travellers and friends meet and eat...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The best place in town for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

We ate here for 5 of our 7 breakfasts in Langkawi and all were excellent. Can recommend the fresh carrot, orange,pineapple and melon juiced to order and especially the Eggs Benedict. Tanja and staff are friendly and will make you feel very welcome. Free wireless internet is available for customers (via a password) so you can catch up with email/Facebook in comfortable surroundings. Closed on Fridays.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
SWansea
“nice place, disappointing food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

Service was fast and the place was nice, but our pasta dishes were disappointing in both flavour and quantity. My husband was still hungry after finishing his. We didn't go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank annej56
iceland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

How wonderful and friendly. I am sorry to say I only found this place on my last night or I would have been a regular. It is run by a lovely German lady who felt like my best friend after the evening. And my children just adored her. And the food was the best I had in Langkawi bar Bon Ton but of course, the Red Tomato is not in the same price range.

Definatly go, you wont regret it.

Langkawi, Malaysia
“A great place to chill out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

Tanja is German lady living on this island since many years. Her restaurant is a meeting point for us, the expatriats, and of course for everyone. I love to go there and my very favorite dishes are the tomato soup (even better than my one!), the salads and the thin and crispy pizzas. Tanja also serves breakfast and makes the joghurt herself. The bread comes fresh out of her oven. This is not a posh place, but really nice for a casual meal.
Eva

1 Thank CaptainEva
Teeside
“Fantastic breakfasts, good dinners, great times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2009

We ate here I think 7 times for breakfast during our stay in Langkawi and I have to say it was brilliant.

The milkshakes are amazing and the pineapple juice was my wifes favourite of the holiday. I had the 'Farmers Choice' most of the time as it was a great way to start the day.

The staff are all very friendly and look to be enjoying themselves as well as the guests. The German lady owner looks to make sure everyone feels welcome and comfortable and I have to say we always did.

Useful for us also was the guide books and other things in there that we could read whilst planning our days.

If you go to Cenang you have to go to Red Tomato Garden for at least breakfast. Oh and if you like bananas, order the milkshake. It's tip top.