“Lovely chalet and beach for a price of RM50.00 per night”
Review of Grand Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pantai Cenang
Grand Beach Motel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Just remember me and my family of 6 visit Langkawi and stayed in Grand Beach Motel. My children till today said Grand Beach Motel is their favorite place and that they intend to go there only for holiday. One the staff were so friendly and there one Pak cik really care to tell story to kids about Langkawi. The beach is so near our chalet and it so beautiful. We met and made friends with people from different of the world who came there. I must said that " Great Beach Motel" " everyone can stay here rich and poor " affordable".

Room Tip: near the beach
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank Lurdu

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Firstly I would like to apologize if my English is bad. I went here on 30 January 2012 after random walk-in search from hotels to another. With a tight budget, I managed to have a room here (I'm not sure what type of room it is, maybe it's a standard one, referring to the price of MYR50/night, so this review is on this room type). For some, this particular standard room might make you felt uneasy, with the squeaking sound of the wooden floor, the sound of ceiling/wall fans, and sometimes it's kinda hot inside. But on the other hand, I am okay with it for several reasons: I am a deep sleeper and used to fans and wood squeaks, It is near to the beach (less than a minute of walking), shop lots and restaurants. Yes I do agree for the staff there to take times to find your bookings, but if you are a walk-in guest, you'll have your room less than 8 minutes (subject to the room availability, of course.) And don't worry about those sounds for you still have the choice of room with A/C and non-wooden rooms. So if you are especially on TIGHT BUDGET, and want to spent more time outside and the room is just for you to have your sleep, this motel would help.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank DannyAlex
Reviewed 8 April 2012

damn!!!! what a kind staff here so lovely...better came here and all of you will love it..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SoonTooT
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I have booked the place after going through the reviews in tripadvisor. Considering that they are 8 of us including my parents we wanted a place that is relaxing and fun for the kids as well. There is no doubt they have the finest beach but that's about it. The management did not pay much attention in upgrading the accomadation. Not much toiletries given . Lights are very dim not suitable for reading. The fridge must be older than my 12 year old son. The staffs are not well informed. I asked one of them if there is any good seafood restaurant by the beach she simply answered that she don't know. At one point there was a blackout in our rooms and we had to wait one hour for the technician to come. My husband waited in his towel outside the room the whole hour as it was simply too dark. The best part is the management did not offer any apology for the inconvience. To put simply your are on your own. SERIOUSLY NEED TO UPGRADE THE PLACE . AS A MALAYSIAN I AM JUST APPALLED WITH THE WAY THEY RUNNING THE RESORT.

Room Tip: . Please choose some other resort
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank fuzee_786
Reviewed 11 September 2011

In the heart of Pantai Cenang. The place is by the beach area. Accommodating staff and the place is secured. They had staff look out day and night . Basic aircon room with bathroom was big with 2 queen beds for RM180/ night. They were nice and allowed our friends from another hotel use the beach chairs.
Some wooden houses like the ones my friends stayed need some maintenance.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jumper1000
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I really happy at Grand Beach Motel Because it really fun and happy and Grand Beach Motel Have a good staff. I will come back again...thanks you so much to Staff Grand Beach Motel..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank bAby_cUte87
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I didn't really stay there, but tried countless times to reserve rooms since August for December stay. They keep on saying booking is only open before 1 month from the period of staying, and they told me many times to call back on 1st Nov. But I did try few times even before 1st Nov, they still give me the same answer. Ok, that's fine. Maybe that's their policy.

And once again on 20 Oct I tried calling, the staff told me that the rooms that I required are not available!!! Can you understand the frustration!!! Didn't mind the excuse they gave, this motel has the WORST services & management that I ever encounter!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
#13 of 16 in Pantai Cenang
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
#4 of 16 in Pantai Cenang

Been to Grand Beach Motel? Share your experiences!