My husband and I stayed at Pelangi for 2 weeks on All inclusive basis,in a pool view room(we contacted the hotel direct with regard to an upgrade on the room) and paid a daily upgrade on departure,but it was well worth it.
All INCLUSIVE-We have never had the opportunity before to stay here on this basis but knowing the prices both in the hotel and outside (yes it was cheaper on the street but still not cheap)decided to go for this option.The all inclusive literally covered everything from all food ,snacks and a wide choice of non alcoholic and alcoholic drinks the mini bar was included and room service (although we never used room service).We ate predominantly in the Thai restaurant where chef pong was most helpful and all his staff very attentive even dressing the table each night to make us feel special.The bbq was good although it lacked choice of salads and accompaniments to go with the prawns,mussels,lobster tail,fish,chicken,beef lamb etc and is in a nice location on the beachfront.
The spicemarket at breakfast was an absolute nightmare and the quality has defineatly dropped to our last visit.Quite often it was hard to get a seat or you waited a long time for tea and coffee we eventually gave up and had an early lunch !Lunch was good but is the same menu as a night time and it doesnt take long to work through it,however they did make a dish upon request for us not on the menu and it was delicious
The lounge-The girls in the lounge made us very welcome and were very attentive,its a shame the music was the same each night after 2 weeks it gets to you a bit,but the managemant are aware of this and are looking to change the entertainment.
Yes the drinks are expensive ,and this does prevent guests from staying in the hotel.
The pool areas are kept spotless and although the toilets are "old" they are kept clean.
The second week of our stay it was busy and more difficult to get sunbeds by the pool ,but there are plenty on the beach although the sea isnt good for swimming at this time of year due to jellyfish.
The room-Ours was fine,no issues at all and was kept spotless by housekeeping.Please note the bats people are talking about are part and parcel of the resort and there are information leaflets telling you about these and other animals.They eat mosquitos for goodness sake and are harmless to us.!
The resort does a fogging programme to try and eliminate as many mosquitos as possible.i am sure these are the cause of peoples bites and not fleas.
Overall we had a really good time,met some great people and relaxed which is all you can basically do in langkawi.We hired a car for the day and did cable car,and all the waterfalls on the island well worth doing and no problems as they drive on our side,you can even go to the mangrove swamp and sort your own tour.
We like langkawi but unfortunately it will be our last visit not because of the hotel but because it has lost its unspoilt splendour.There are jetskis roaring and parascending by the dozen ,the beach is no longer your own.It great to see the island thriving but im so glad we saw it before everyone else !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang