This is our 9th time in the Pelangi beach hotel and like the previous 2 reviews, I can't understand the bad comments that are written. I think some people are just being picky. Yes, the rooms are in need of refurbishment, but they are comfortable and great beds. Anyway, they are upgrading the rooms for next year and we saw the two they had already done and thought they were fantastic.The rooms are chalet stlye and not overlooking someone elses room. The resort is very well laid out and it feels private and exclusive at the same time.
The view is great. We always stay in the seaview suite but where ever you are in the resort, you have open views of lake, garden or pool.
It is not so much the hotel itself ( which is great anyway) that makes this place so special for us that we come back every year, it's the staff who make special. The warm welcome we have everytime we comeback, from the bell boys to the cleaners to management. Everyone one has a welcome and a smiling face.
Yes! There was refurbishment going on while we were there, but there was a minimum of disruption and if you found it noisy in the pool area, you have another pool area called the cascade pool to go to to chill out.
The Spa is wonderful and I had the 3 hour Pelangi special while I was there. A bit pricey, but I am worth it.
We always pay that bit extra to have the Meritus club and this adds to our holiday by having free sunset cocktails between 5-7pm outside, in their club house and garden beach area, where you can also have breakfast every morning. This saves queuing up in the main restaraunt when the hotel is full. You can order anything you want and the staff in the Meritus club ( Wan & Alias) are perfect hosts.
I have to say the service is excellent in the hotel. Checking in and out is a breeze. They have refurbished the lobby area and it's light and airy and you can sit and have a welcome cocktail drink while sitting in the lobby area and having one of the reception staff sit with you, while you fill in the forms. No queuing up at the reception desk, you feel welcome straight away.
You are then taken by buggy to your room by happy, smiling bell boys with a great welcome.What a start to your holiday. On entering our room there was a wonderful flower display, on the bed, done by the housekeeping team, made up of petals from the numerous flowers in the resort saying welcome home.
All these little things make this a very special hotel to come back to
This is an excellent and exclusive service that is offered( only in this hotel that I know of) and if you want that extra special service, book the Meritus club rooms.
The hotel is ideally situated. It is right at the end of Cenang beach and you can walk out of the hotel and avail yourself of every different kind of restaurant and bar all the way up to the far end of the beach ( around 2km)
I can't comment about the food in the pelangi restaraunts ,as we have only eaten at the boat house BBQ night ( compliments of the managment) and while the food was ok, I wouldn't eat there again. I would think too pricey and we had to wait quite a while as there was a group from china all waiting in line for the food.
With so many good restaurants on the beach area, both sides of the road, we were spoilt for choice and would only ever book B&B in the hotel.
To sum up this hotel. A home away from home with a very friendly and welcoming service wrapped up in 5 star luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang