+ Big resort grounds with all the amenities.
+ Nice rooms.
+ Two big pools.
- Smoking at the breakfast buffet!
- Not really relaxing.
- Ceiling fan too noisy, get sick from a/c.
We had just started our breakfast when suddenly a thick cloud of tobacco smoke comes our way. In fact, there was someone smoking almost all the time from then on and it was very disturbing.
When asked, staff said that only inside was non-smoking.
Even if there were enough seats inside for all the non-smokers, in a resort, I want to enjoy my breakfast on the patio and not inside where it's cold and noisy.
This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!
Big kids area right next to the main pool, big beach bar/restaurant with DJ behind, pumping music super loudly as if it were a night club. (Psy's new 'hit' song "gentleman" blasted constantly – unbearable)
The second pool (a bit far) is nice though.
Airliners pass 300m above the resort every 10-20 minutes as the runway is in direct line of the resort. Noisy! (but I like planes).
Our ceiling fan was very noisy and couldn't be used at night. The a/c's lowest fan setting was still much too strong and we (+baby) all got sick and are still coughing and sneezing 3 days after we're back home.
- When we had the 'don't disurb' sign out, houskeeping called us (waking us +baby up) to ask if they could come clean now.
- Upon arrival, there were only 3 drinks in the fridge, so we called housekeeping (twice) to either empty it or restock fully – they never came, leaving us worried that we'd get mistakenly charged.
- Just a handful of tv channels, mostly local.
- Cheesy new-age music at breakfast.
- Beach is white and big but view not so pretty and can't swim because of jelly fish.
In conclusion, if you're a smoker and like loud music, the kids will probably ruin your party mood. If you're a parent, the smoking around your kids and the very loud music near the kids pool area will surely disturb you.
This resort could be much better (mostly with very little effort). We left disappointed (*and sick from the a/c) and we since cancelled our plans to go back next year with extended family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang