Good: nice food in the restaurants (the spice market was the best we tried, fresh salads), comfortable beds, nice rooms (we had both a lake side and a seafront - see story below), we found although the breakfast times were busy - the hotel cleared out during the day so there was always space at the Cascade pool or on the beach. The hotel staff are all really lovely and friendly. If you go B&B like us, the hotel’s prices for lunch/drinks are ok, not as cheap as the street outside obviously, but not a rip-off. The Cba is a nice place to chill out in the evening after a stroll back from dinner. And the gym is nice: air-conditioned, reasonable amount of good equipment, a small weights area and a small yoga/stretch area - all looking out on the beach.
OK/could improve: the reception staff are just a bit disorganised. We knew check-in maybe a bit slow (from reading other TripAdvisor reviews before we arrived) and it seems they've taken steps to improve it. We were greeted quickly, provided a welcome drink and generally quite well looked after, although there was a reasonably long wait to be taken to the room. During our stay they were quick to sort out any problems - we had bats in our room (top floor, lake view) at 3am on our 3rd night. While I don't really mind, they were making a lot of noise so a groundsman came out with a net (seems like a common occurrence, huh?) to sort it out. The next day we were transferred to a sea front, ground floor room - beautiful! Upon leaving - this is a bit of a gripe - we phoned reception maybe 6 times to have our bags collected (it’s quite a walk in the baking heat) and no one picked up. So we ended up hauling all our luggage to the reception by ourselves as we had to meet our transfer to get to the airport. Finally - just because we’re a bit lazy (it’s a holiday!), the breakfast hours were rubbish for us - closing at 10am! As such, we missed breakfast half the week!
In terms of location, this is nicely positioned on the Island - you can walk to loads of restaurants and bars - the closest right next to the hotel, the furthest about 20 mins walk down the beach. There are cabs easily hailed on the street or the hotel can sort one very easily for you. One final word of warning, this hotel is near the airport and there are probably 10-15 planes a day which are noisy. By no means is this like living under the Heathrow flight path (like I currently do), but it does not mean it’s peaceful the whole time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang