After over 24 hours of travel we arrived at the Meritus Pelangi and were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff. Our room was only a short distance from reception but we were transported there in a golf cart along with our luggage by one of the porters. We were shown how the key operated the electricity in the room and how to control the air conditioning which was very important!!
Our room was very well appointed and extremely comfortable with all the extras that quality hotels provide and very comfortable beds. The bathroom was also very well appointed and we liked the separate toilet and shower especially as my sister & I take different lengths of time to get ready!
Breakfast was a bit of a bun fight as it is a large resort but there were plenty of staff on hand to seat you and replenishing the well stocked buffet. There was certainly no excuse for anyone not having enough to choose from - a vast selection of fresh fruits, fruit compotes and cereals; then a big array of bread, rolls and pastries. For cooked breakfast there was a vast choice - one could choose to have English or Asian as well as waffles and pancakes. So no reason for anyone to feel hungry at the end of breakfast!
On the first night we were so tired that we did not venture outside the hotel and ate the buffet from the Boat House Barbeque Restaurant and food was cooked by the chefs on the barbeque to our taste. It was lovely to sit outside in the cool wind overlooking the lovely beach and enjoy a leisurely buffet.
As we only had 2 days in Langkawi we did not make full use of all of the facilities - we did not take advantage of the Leisure Centre or the Spa facilities but we did swim in the lovely lagoon swimming pool surrounded by beautiful flowering plants and trees.
I can see why some people were spending their whole holiday at the Meritus Pelangi and maybe one I might go back and do the same because I would definitely recommend it to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Splitty, Agoda, Travelbag, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang