Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
Bon Ton Resort(Pantai Cenang)
US$101
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$275
US$218
White Lodge Motel(Pantai Cenang)
US$73
US$48
Trip.com
Cenang Memories Motel(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$32
US$24
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$31/night.

Sunset Beach Resort(Pantai Cenang)
US$48
US$45
Agoda.com
Salsa Resort Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$24
US$23
Agoda.com
Pondok Muara Chalet(Pantai Cenang)
US$21
US$20
  • Free Internet
Alpha Motel(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
US$19
Agoda.com
Great Peak Inn Motel(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$21
Melati Tanjung Motel(Pantai Cenang)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
4,390 results
All reviewscascade poolspice marketswim up barmain poolbuggy servicekids poollake viewmini golfcba barthe club loungekids clublarge balconycable carwelcome drinkground floorseafoodhappy hour
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I booked this hotel 9 months ago and was getting increasingly worried that I had made a big mistake as the bad reviews were getting increasingly worse each week. I need not have worried.
I had upgraded to a pond view room. The room was clean and well decorated. Our bed linen was changed every other day and the towels were changed when you put them in the bath for replacement. We had a problem with our air conditioning the first day, but it was repaired almost immediately when we were out to dinner. We did not have any smells or flies from the pond, even when sitting out on our balacony.
We spent most of the day round the Cascade pool, where empty beds out -numbered the used ones. No towels were put out to reserve them at any time. The pool was clean and the staff prompt when ordering drinks and snacks.
There was plenty of choice for breakfast. I found the staff very polite and helpful. The price of the food in the hotel restaurants was rather pricey so we only ate in the hotel 2 evenings. The other 12 nights we ate at various restaurants within 10/15 minutes walking distance. Our favorite was the Orkid Rea. The food was very good Thai/Malaysian and reasonably priced with plenty of choice.
Tourists should remember that a 5 star rating is different in all countries. In England it would probably be classed as a 4 star.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minispud
Reviewed 26 April 2010

friendly stuffs ,beautiful beach ,comfortable rooms,delicious seafood specially seabass fish

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I try to give level headed and non-emotional feedback, keeping in view all good and bad things in the hotel, but somehow i cant get rid of the first impression that i got from this hotel. We arrived at Langkawi a bit early, and so we arrived and asked for early check-in. The request was received but with a grumble and we were asked to wait for 30 minutes in the gloomy lounge. We asked if we can have our breakfast on the arrival day and skip the last day breakfast, the response was "it does not work this way" fine! We continued waiting in the gloomy lounge anticipating the front desk clerk would come to us with keys when ready, but nope, these courtesies are unfortunately for white skin not asians. Let me tell you, I am not a racist and neither I have any inferiority complex of being an asian but some resorts really service their "white" customers as if they are Gods. We then after waiting for 45 minutes, went to the reception to find that our room was ready, but no one had the courtesy to call us to collect the key. Now, when it is the time to be sent to our room with the so called "golf buggy" we are told with a "smile" that our room is too near to walk (remember we have luggage to carry ourselves). Fine! we walked to our room and hoping something good is in the room.
Well the rooms are outdated, but functional. You can see the pictures to judge for yourself. I paid for a package with room and air ticket so i was sort of ok with the overall proposition, but looking the rack rate, I must say that the room does not fit the bill. The breakfast was ok, swimming pools were nice.
Well for the fitness centre, when my husband went to use it, they turned him off by saying its being renovated, thought it was one side wall being painted and he could have used the jogging rail. Anyways, he ended up jogging on the resort track which was not a bad alternative.
The restaurants at the resorts are ridiculously expensive and we ate outside at some cool places that we knew before hand. Email me if you want to know where?
Beds are comfortable, showers are nice though the space is small, amenities are supplied well. So overall I cant say I had a horrible experience, but not a good one either. One thing good was the accommodation of our early check-in and late check-out requests.You may want to compare the rates with next door Casa Del Mar as the location is same and you may get better rooms and service, but I cant say anything as I did not do any survey.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CameronFan
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This was our third stay at the Pelangi Beach and once again we were very satisfied.

A comment on some of the poor reviews of this hotel - you must remember that this is SE Asia, there are insects and lizards, it is also very hot and humid so life is conducted at a slower pace, you really can't expect the staff to be buzzing around like it was a cool day in NY or London.
The hotel is starting to look a little bit tired but in my view is far preferable to some modern concrete construction. The staff are unfailingly friendly - as all Malaysians are.

Things that have got worse since our last stay:
The buffet dinner in the Spice Market is not as good as it used to be.

Things that have got better:
The head chef and all his staff at the Boathouse BBQ are magnificent!
The squash courts have some fans and AC, the leisure centre staff are great
The pools are very clean

If you have a lake room you may find that the lakes generate weed at a fantastic rate - overnight they can become covered in pond weed and this smells a little. There is some sort of mincing machine which clears it every so often - but there is nothing better than watching the monitor lizard thrashing around.

Over the years trips to Malaysia have become increasingly expensive and this time we took to the all inclusive option which was a bargain (at hotel prices) - it covers all your meals, drinks, snacks but not extras such as Squash, mini golf (avoid, a microclimate which is about 5 degrees hotter!) or watersports.

You can't chose your fellow guests and this time we where treated to some gloriously drunken Swedes and some whinging Aussies - all adds to the life's great tapestry.

We stayed during the Malaysia Water Festival and my sons were invited to play beach rugby by the local teams - so friendly again and thoroughly enjoyed by both of them.

Summary - this is a great hotel, it is not for those who expect 5* service but is a super place to relax.

For the management:
A supervisor at breakfast, just to make sure that everything is running correctly.
Sort out the Internet access - this is poor and really upsets people.

For the traveller:
A tip (and the management will hate me for this) - bend the freebie cotton bud packaging into a key fob shape and put it in the master switch (where your key fob goes) and your room will be cool all day.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank WhichWitch
Reviewed 13 April 2010

6 nights stay, 21-26 Feb 2010. We were very well welcomed with a personal touch. The pre-booked private transfer from the airport was perfect, and the nice, welcoming female employee at the reception was very personal and friendly. After a complimentary drink in the gorgeous reception bar, we (and our suitcases) vere brought by a “golf car” to our Deluxe sea view room (no. 0704). This was situated in a nice bungalow with a magnificent view over the beach☺ I had read a lot of reviews at the TA-forum ahead of our visit, and was a bit anxious about the standard of the room. (My wife and I are both employed in the tourism industry, and are quite spoiled…) However, I have to say, that we were – over all – not disappointed. Maybe the room should need a minor renovation, but the standard of it, and the milieu & the interior details, was very nice. We had a small problem with the air-condition fan inside the room, it was leaking water drops…but this was fixed without hesitation. As well, the sound of the fan was a bit noisy throughout the nights…. This we survived by using earplugs.
During our stay we were celebrating an anniversary, and the hotel surprised (!) us very much with nice congratulations ☺ We really appreciated that.
The hotel area is enormous big! Anyway, our room was very well situated with short distances to everything (the beach and the sea, one of the pools, the reception, the restaurants…).
One thing that was incredible annoying (here as at many other hotels), is the procedure where “early birds” get up to pick their favourite sun beds at the beach or next to the fabulous pools. This is ridiculous! During the days, people can be away hours from “their” beds. (There were a couple of signs next to the “towel department” telling that when people was away 45 minutes or more from their sun bed, the towel would be taken away. However, this wasn’t practised at all.)
The breakfast was OK with a great variety of dishes, however to crowdy to be pleasant. One evening we had the hotel’s buffet dinner at the beach. A lot of dishes to select between, and nice environment sitting outside next to the sea.
However, mostly we went outside the hotel, to have dinner and lunch. Throughout the main street, you have a really large number of local restaurants to choose between. The standard of the different places is very varied. Our most romantic dinner, we had at the Light House (far south at the beach) in the gorgeous sunset.
I would gladly recommend the Meritus Pelangi, and I hope one day to return myself.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple