Stayed here in 2003 for our honeymoon, this time we returned to celebrate the wedding of 2 very dear freinds, and it was a joy to be back. We smiled every day as we wondered around the hotel and gardens and beach, it is such a lovely hotel with such wonderfull staff. The pools are great, huge and have lovely swim up bars. Great quality food served all day long, yes the prices are twice the price of what you can pay outside the hotel, but thats the case with any hotel, you have a captive audience. The location is what makes this palce so good, its at Pantai Cenang which is a great place to pick up clothing, gifts, duty free, and ofcourse eat and drink, hundreds of restaurants/bars to choose from, the Pelangi is at the very start of Pantai Cenang, so no noise from the bars, just a few mins stroll and your in the thick of it all.
Good choice of restaurants on site, and the food was excellent. Although I must say the breakfast was rather poor, its just not worth bothering with in my opinion, far far better choice out on the high street to enjoy, I wouldnt bother paying for breakfast here again put it that way.
The rooms are huge, last time we had a deluxe, this time we had a standard room, which to be fair was pretty similar, enormous and very comfy beds, seriously cold air con which was a MUST as the heat and humidity was a killer. Big bathroom with plenty storage and a huge balcony that could easily have 12 people on it if needed, its huge.
Very good gym facility also. And 2 squash courts. Kids club area. Pool tables, table tennis, darts, board games, plenty to keep anyone amaused really.
Happy hour was always a winner, with the cocktails a real gem, my fav and our gangs favourite being "love portion" which if anyone reads this, can they please tell me the ingrediants of that cocktial, I knwo it has Kahula, but what else was on the menu list ???
Great hotel, great location, great staff, great facilities, great food at lunch / evening, POOR breakfast being the only negative from me. Would stay here for a 3rd time should I re visit langkawi and its wonderfull people again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang